Please help me remember the name of this game

#1 Posted by effache (128 posts) -

So when I was younger I played a bunch of really weird kids games on the PC because that's what my parents bought me. One of them has stuck in my memory for a really long time and I can't remember the name anymore so I need your help remembering. It was kind of like a minigame collection, I think I can remember a menu that had thumbnails for each of the different ones. The mascot for the game was this weird 2D blue thing, here is a crude (but pretty accurate) drawing of what it looked like: 

Here is his female counterpart:     

There was a really weird sequence when they would get together and mate and it looked like this except their color changed to rainbow:  

And when they were done the guy would grow babies out of his head:

So yeah that's almost all the details I remember from the game but PLEASE HELP ME FIND IT AGAIN.    I don't want to just be cluttering up the boards with this for no reason so if someone gives me the name I will edit the entire wiki page for it free of charge!
#2 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

That is fucking ridiculous 
good luck man

#3 Posted by Sorrowsan (129 posts) -

lmao good luck with that
#4 Posted by Tricks73r (252 posts) -

lol, free of charge.

#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" That is fucking ridiculous good luck man "
My thoughts exactly!
#6 Posted by CaptainFish (454 posts) -

Hawt.

#7 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Hahahah. This game seems amazing.

#8 Posted by RVonE (4607 posts) -

#9 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

And I thought my childhood PC games were weird..

#10 Posted by SkinnyBlue (320 posts) -

....uhhhhh.....damn, I have no idea. good luck man. wow
#11 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (954 posts) -

False memory? This game sounds freaked out. Do want.

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Google Goggles found nothing.  Sorry.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36078 posts) -

Do you mind giving a rough time period? That'd probably help A LOT.

#14 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

tineye didnt find anything so its either fake or you were trippin so many balls that this is what you imagined

#15 Posted by effache (128 posts) -

yeah, I was playing it around late 90's, probably 97 or 98. It was a computer game (I'm honestly not entirely sure which OS it was on), nearly everything in it was pre-rendered. All the mimigames were more just weird visual things than anything. 

I think I remembered another of the minigames, it was just a fireplace you would click and it would turn on and start playing christmas music.

#16 Posted by buzz_clik (6928 posts) -

#17 Posted by empfeix (774 posts) -

this thread should always be on the frontpage, that is all - cause I really want to know what game this is

#18 Posted by buzz_clik (6928 posts) -
@effache said:
" yeah, I was playing it around late 90's, probably 97 or 98. It was a computer game (I'm honestly not entirely sure which OS it was on), nearly everything in it was pre-rendered. All the mimigames were more just weird visual things than anything.  I think I remembered another of the minigames, it was just a fireplace you would click and it would turn on and start playing christmas music. "
Well, that's Viva Piñata out, then.
#19 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

So your parents slipped LSD into your cereal, huh?

#20 Posted by effache (128 posts) -

okay I talked to my mom and she said that she was pretty sure that the game is called 'wonderland' (I think she's right), but I literally cannot find any information about this game online. I'll keep looking but I guess this is one of those gems I'll carry alone to my grave. 

another minigame my mom remembered was one that involved you sticking objects up a giant nose until the nose sneezed them all out. keep in mind this was before warioware so I guess we know who the real innovators are

#21 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@effache: Home Movies picture=cool dude welcome I;m liking you already man
#22 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

I... what the hell. 

#23 Posted by Grillbar (1798 posts) -
@effache said:
" okay I talked to my mom and she said that she was pretty sure that the game is called 'wonderland' (I think she's right), but I literally cannot find any information about this game online. I'll keep looking but I guess this is one of those gems I'll carry alone to my grave.  another minigame my mom remembered was one that involved you sticking objects up a giant nose until the nose sneezed them all out. keep in mind this was before warioware so I guess we know who the real innovators are "
i find it amazing that your mom ran remember the name of that specific game. your mom's a pro
#24 Posted by effache (128 posts) -

After significant digging/asking around I've come to the conclusion that literally no information on this game exists on the internet. I'm going to do a significant witch hunt tomorrow for my old collection of PC/MAC games that I used to play because I know it would be in with all of those. Only problem is I moved about a year ago and have no idea where to start looking for it.    If and when I find it, I will try and get it running (I doubt it runs on XP), and get at least some screenshots up for you people to see.

#25 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -
@effache said:
"After significant digging/asking around I've come to the conclusion that literally no information on this game exists on the internet. I'm going to do a significant witch hunt tomorrow for my old collection of PC/MAC games that I used to play because I know it would be in with all of those. Only problem is I moved about a year ago and have no idea where to start looking for it.    If and when I find it, I will try and get it running (I doubt it runs on XP), and get at least some screenshots up for you people to see. "

Remember to add it to the Wiki!!! =D
#26 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

the crazy thing is he already Rule 34'd it.

#27 Posted by Scrawnto (2435 posts) -
@BionicMonster: Hah! True enough.
#28 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

I don't... What the?

#29 Posted by effache (128 posts) -

yo so I found it 

name of the game: Rodney's Wonder Window. 

The entire game was created by Rodney Alan Greenbat, who is better known for being the lead graphic designer/artist on the Parappa the Rappa games (and Um Jammer Lammy). I was wrong about the year and the OS, it was released in 1992 and was for macintosh, so I must have had it for a long time. I just found the disk and  spent an hour trying to get an OS emulator working but to no avail (yet).

It's weird though because even after finding the name of the game I can find almost no information about it online. I think if there's anything that we can take away from this stupid ass topic it's that some video games can become lost in the passage of time just like anything else. UNLESS we make a giantbomb page for them. be a patriot, edit a wiki

#30 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -
@effache:  You're my hero, and I love you.
#31 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@FateOfNever said:
" I... what the hell.  "
#32 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -

time splitters

#33 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
#34 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

Even Lewis Carroll would say this is batshitcrazy

#35 Posted by effache (128 posts) -
Oh my god, I can remember ALL of those screens. Most of them weren't terribly interactive. 

@NekuSakuraba
said:
" It is on Amazon. Link.  

Screenshots -    

what you don' t see in this screenshot is the fact that half a second later the lab literally bites the terrier's head off

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.