Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Galaxy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 08, 2005

Join Jaster, a young adventurer, as he is hired by space pirates to search the universe for Planet Eden, a world of untold riches and eternal life.

ps2 vs ps3 emulation vs ps2 with component?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

So I got rogue galaxy for ps2. The first time i launched it was on my ps3 (with software emulation) and the "smooth" function turned on. Aside from the aspect ratio(4:3) the game looked basically like something that would come out today, or would be acceptable today. I then tried this on the ps2 with a similar lcd screen because with the ps2, i can move that around where as that would be a bad idea for the ps3. The game looks so very blurry that i dont want to play it this way. Now, I am thinking maybe if i get a component cable( the av cables with red green blue) the game will look much better on ps2 but I am unsure. You think its worth it?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By lego_my_eggo

I have heard people say they get a slightly better picture with component cables, and others say they saw no difference at all. So you might get a slightly better picture with the cables, but it will probably come nowhere near as good as the smoothing option on the PS3, so probably not worth it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Games do look slightly better with the component cables, though I had to mess around with my TVs settings quite a bit. However, hooking a PS2 game to an HDTV will never look good. I'd chose the digital version every time, and if it's not digitally available, find a SDTV with Component ports and play on that.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jams

All the component cables do is change it from 480i to 480p. At least I'm pretty sure.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By super2j

so I just decided to suck it up and play it on my ps3. It is seriously a giant difference. I can only imagine it looking even better on my laptop with an emulator but i rather not play it there, it would get lost with all my other pc games.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Jams said:

All the component cables do is change it from 480i to 480p. At least I'm pretty sure.

That's a fairly big difference.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.