Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Warrior

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 01, 2009

Step into the shoes of real-life Navy SEAL legend Dick Marcinko in this foul-mouthed first-person shooter from Rebellion and Bethesda Softworks.

is anyone else getting a quantum of solace feel from this game?

thwak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thwak

It seems to have taken all of the ideas that game had, and do it much worse.

For instance, Quantum of Solace has a gears of war cover mechanic, so does rogue warrior not to mention that Quantum of Solace also has stealth kills where you get next to an enemy and take them out, so does rogue warrior. 

Oddly enough though, Quantum of Solace runs on the call of duty 4 engine and is a considerably longer game.  But rogue warrior does have Mickey Rourke in it. Maybe someone should make a mod for the PC version of Qantum of Solace where you get to hear Mickey Rourke's cursing in that game instead.

hopterque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hopterque

Why don't they mod it into a good motherfucking cockbreath commie game.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By iamjohn

I got more of a Perfect Dark Zero vibe from it, honestly.  But maybe that's because I played that game a lot because it was when there weren't that many 360 games out and I kind of liked it whereas when I played Quantum of Solace, I quickly got bored of it because it sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Perfect Dark Zero actually did the whole "third-person cover mechanic within a first person shooter" thing a long time before Quantum of Solace and even before Gears, it's just nobody remembers it because that game was pretty damn rubbish. Quick time stealth kills aren't such an original idea either.  
     Edit: beaten to the punch already. :P

Either way, no matter where the developers got their ideas from for the game it doesn't seem like they were looking for the right things to copy. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.