They better port this over to the iPad

#1 Edited by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I don't need to say anything else.

#2 Posted by egg (1339 posts) -

If it's a sim management title then it shouldn't even be on 3DS, but rather iPad and Vita.

and the touchscreen is smaller than the top screen this time so now it's even more asinine.

Atari's making this? What about Test Drive Unlimited for 3DS? (and Vita)

#3 Posted by efman (208 posts) -

Aren't there already a bajillion type of "tycoon-inspired" games on the App Store? An offical one like this would most likely lend itself well to the platform.

#4 Posted by nohthink (1222 posts) -

First rollercoaster tycoon is the best. I've never liked the third one

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

@nohthink said:

Yeah I don't like the idea of a polygonal RollerCoaster Tycoon, that first game was so great though, I put so many hours into that one.

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

I liked the clay like renderings of the first, i think the second one was the same.

#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

I think I might install Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 later, that game is the best.

#8 Posted by Dalai (6877 posts) -

RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 just needs to happen. If SimCity can make a comeback, so can this.

#9 Posted by The_Infamous_C4 (88 posts) -

@nohthink said:

quoted for truth.

With out Chris sawyers passion (he's a theme park nerd) this game will lack character.

#10 Edited by 1wolffan (2 posts) -

Believe me, you'd rather have any other RCT ported other than the 3DS version *shudders*. I wrote a (hopefully) suitably informative review here, if you're interested. Personally, I liked all the main games (1, 2, and yes, even 3). The scenarios for 3 could get pretty bland, but I certainly enjoyed riding rides I built in first person view (not to mention waterfalls, loudspeakers, and the dune-buggy cheat code).

Things got better when I discovered a site with recreations of nearly all of the RCT1 scenarios, and some of the RCT2 ones as well, over to the RCT3 engine. (http://www.mikeworleymusic.com/rct3/index.html) The site itself isn't the most aesthetically pleasing thing around, but the content is definitely worth it. Imagine riding one of the Three Monkeys coasters in first person, and you'll get the idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.