Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rune Factory 3: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 22, 2009

The 3rd installment of the Rune Factory Franchise on the Nintendo DS.

Rune Factory 3 Coming To Nintendo DS.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Earlier this week, new Japanese magazine 'Marvelous Dream', revealed that a third Rune Factory is already 80% complete and simply awaiting its official announcement by its publisher. Well today Marvelous Entertainment confirmed a third game is indeed coming to Nintendo DS, in Japan.

All that's really known is that the game will feature the ability to transform into some of the characters you collect, via the use of a magical belt that you have. This will also unlock numerous new attacks and battle moves. Also, talking to people in animal form will also change the way they respond to you.

In the game you also spend a large time inside a gigantic tree for whatever reason,

EDIT:

Japan can look forward to the game arriving on October 22nd, at the cost of ¥5,229. Those who pre-order will get a drama CD and book. The CD promises a "Doki Doki" love comedy featuring the game's heroines, while the book offers art and illustrations and a comic book telling an original story in the Rune Factory 3 world: 

Famitsu Weekly Translation:

The main character may be able to transform into a monster, but that doesn't mean Rune Factory 3 skips out on the series' familiar monster-raising component. As with past titles, you can feed monsters in order to earn their favor, eventually making them into friends. A friend monster can be taken back to your farm, where, upon further care, will serve as a source for eggs and fur.

New to part 3 is the Active Seed system. Active Seeds grow immediately into full form once planted. Unlike normal plants, they can help you in a variety of ways.

Famitsu shared details on three Active Seeds. The pumpkin-like Jack can be used to suck up monsters, dealing them damage. The leaf-like Haslider can be used as a floatation device for crossing bodies of water. The flower-like Mizubasou can be used to generate water. This is useful when farming in dungeons away from water sources .

Also introduced in the magazine are two additional heroines. Here's the full cast that's been revealed so far, including the two that were introduced at the game's announcement:

Shia
     A kind girl who took care of you when you were unconscious at the beginning of the game. It's because of her recommendation that you started farming.

Touna
     A silent girl who works at the city's weapons shop. Why she avoids relating with people is apparently a secret.

Chocola
     A girl who dreams of being a chef like her father and now works at a restaurant in town. Despite her tiny size, she has a huge appetite.

Marion

An apprentice witch who also serves as a nurse in town. She dreams of being either a fine doctor or a sorceress like her grandmother. She's childhood friends with Chocola, whom she used as a guinea pig for conducting tests for her magic cures

----
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Marvelous also have a mystery Wii game in the works.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

any links?

and if true i cant wait! i loved rune factory 1 on the ds

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CowMuffins

Wait, didn't they come out with one like...a year ago?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rallier

Just made a gamepage for it: http://www.giantbomb.com/rune-factory-3-a-fantasy-harvest-moon/61-27199/ if the mods could move this topic that would be great.

I knew about the game beforehand but the transformation part is new for me, it could make for some interesting situations and some more tactical battles. I do hope that they will incorporate some of the improvements Rune Factory Frontiers brought to the series this time as well as keeping some of the combat elements introduced in 2 (AKA evasive roll which did not appear in Frontiers for some odd reason). I also hope that the story will be better than the previous games, Frontiers had perhaps the best stories in the Harvest Moon series so far but that does not say much, there is still plenty of room for improvement here.

Edit: Mystery game for the Wii by Marvelous sure sounds nice.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Rallier said:
     Edit: Mystery game for the Wii by Marvelous sure sounds nice. "

Just an educated guess really, i should have explained.  A little while ago they revealed that a DS and Wii game were being made...I think it's safe to say that this is the DS game in question,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16401601&postcount=257

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jj984jj

That was an XSEED e-mail, they were talking about unlocalized games, the games were RIZ-ZOAWD and The Sky Crawlers. Anyway, here's some new scans:

The game is due out in October.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By oldschool

I love Harvest Moon and certainly enjoyed Rune Factory 1.  I must get around to importing 2, as it is oly $37 Canadian from where I normally import.  Marvelous is awesome  :-)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

What about Frontier, oldschool?

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jj984jj
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

Missed them, so small. These are bigger :P

Watermarks are fine, I didn't upload to Giant Bomb or anything, just hotlinked.

Edit: Well ok those are bigger now (open in different window people) :P removing mine :P but before even the full view of yours was smaller.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

Edited OP

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By oldschool
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " What about Frontier, oldschool? "
    Too expensive as an import and not available local.  Impatiently waiting a little longer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.