Holy crap a wii game!

#1 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I like me some Harvest Moon, so for the first time in a year I'll actually turn my Wii on play this.

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Tell us how it is when you do, I've been looking at it for a while, might be fun to play.

#3 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
Tell us how it is when you do, I've been looking at it for a while, might be fun to play.
The fighting looks like kingdom heart
#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
The fighting looks like kingdom heart
And the rest? The entire premise of a farming game meets action rpg sounds nuts to me.
#5 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Didn't they do a DS version of this too? I'm also very interested in how you find this so let me know!

#6 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Cwaff said:

Didn't they do a DS version of this too? I'm also very interested in how you find this so let me know!

there are like 4 DS rune factory games
#7 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

you control a giant golem that you farm on

#8 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1437 posts) -

weirdly this game has disappeared entirely from amazon for some reason

#9 Posted by ProfessorEss (7371 posts) -

I really liked the DS Rune Factories so I'm happy to see one hitting the home consoles.

I'll probably pick up the PS3 version.

#10 Posted by kerse (2113 posts) -

@Dizzyhippos said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I wanted to preorder it with my credit, but I guess I'll have to buy it at the store or something. The rep I talked to had no idea about it and said the marketing team will get back to you.

#11 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1437 posts) -

@kerse said:

@Dizzyhippos said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I wanted to preorder it with my credit, but I guess I'll have to buy it at the store or something. The rep I talked to had no idea about it and said the marketing team will get back to you.

apparently it was a bug in the computers on there end, its fixed now. The only question remaining is should I buy this on ps3 or wii

#12 Posted by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -

I can let you guys know how it is right now since I've played the previous games (Rune Factory 3 (DS) and Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)). They're good games - I'm not even a fan of farming games but by combining it with an action rpg and social elements (like persona) it works really well.

#13 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

I played Rune Factory: Frontier for the Wii, it's kinda like Oblivion where almost everything you do can be leveled up, which is pretty much video game crack for me. I can't wait to play this.

#14 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1437 posts) -

@Landon said:

I played Rune Factory: Frontier for the Wii, it's kinda like Oblivion where almost everything you do can be leveled up, which is pretty much video game crack for me. I can't wait to play this.

rune factory had me at leveling up your ability to sleep

#15 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

this game comes out in 3 days for 40 bucks on the wii, i really really want. Hope the crew does a quick look.

#16 Posted by onarum (2085 posts) -

Would be awesome if this was a PSN game instead of disc based on the PS3, then I'll definitely get it.

#17 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

I have a Wii.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.