Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Runes of Magic

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 19, 2009

Runes of Magic is a free-to-play MMO featuring more than 600 quests spanning ten zones in a seamless world, eight character classes to choose from with a Dual Class System, and player-versus-player gameplay.

There and Back Again: A Luchadeer's Tale

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By mikemcn

So i tried to go exploring with my fellow guild member Gilandeon, we steeped over the boundary to an area we had never been to before. The rest went as follows.....

Gilandeon: Dude, Justinne gave the interior designer position you wanted to Lwlyll.
    Mikemcn: WHAT!
    *Level 48 Bat hits lv.15 Mikemcn for 800 damage*  
    Gilandeon: Haha dude you totally just got taken down by that bat, where did you go? 
    Mikemcn: I don't know, wher......Jesus, thats the biggest vulture i have ever seen....... 

So basically, the game, instead of sending me back into the safety of my normal noob land, sent me deeper into a place I should not have been, called the Weeping Coast. Chaos ensued, but instead of teleporting back to my normal respawn, i seized the opportunity and decided to see what there was to see. My mind proceeded to be blown.  i encountered Scorpions that were 4 times my size, Ghost pirates, monster eggs that can bite you and for some reason, random clouds of toxic gas.

This game is all about paying for all the cool stuff, i didnt think that there was anything in the game truly worth paying for, then I saw this.  
    That is in fact a hoverboard, rode by a level 50 warrior named Hobbit.  I can only guess how much they payed for the stupid thing, but I was in awe. I am a very little fish in a very big pond.  At this point my fellow Luchadeer decided I was on LSD. Hobbit then messaged me to say "You must be hella lost." All powerful and all knowing, this dude was not to be messed with. 

So of course he broke out the rest of his collection.......

He had other stuff too, but I was a bit slow on taking screenshots and trying to convey how freaking weird my situation was to the guild. 
    After all this I was left with many questions.......

How do I get a hoverboard?
    Does it run on water? 
    Why am I wasting my time in the lame part of this game?
    Why the hell did Justinne give away my interior design job?
    How could anyone be more qualified than me for that job? My Storage chest/bed combos are famous!

Im a much more excited for this game after this little foray, to those of you out there who were hesitant to get in on this Giant Bomb MMO adventure, i encourage you to do so. Its worth the time to at least try it. I can also now prove to the other GB'ers that I wasnt making the stuff about the flying surfboard up......... Now if you don't mind I have to go murder my guilds interior decorator.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

So i tried to go exploring with my fellow guild member Gilandeon, we steeped over the boundary to an area we had never been to before. The rest went as follows.....

Gilandeon: Dude, Justinne gave the interior designer position you wanted to Lwlyll.
    Mikemcn: WHAT!
    *Level 48 Bat hits lv.15 Mikemcn for 800 damage*  
    Gilandeon: Haha dude you totally just got taken down by that bat, where did you go? 
    Mikemcn: I don't know, wher......Jesus, thats the biggest vulture i have ever seen....... 

So basically, the game, instead of sending me back into the safety of my normal noob land, sent me deeper into a place I should not have been, called the Weeping Coast. Chaos ensued, but instead of teleporting back to my normal respawn, i seized the opportunity and decided to see what there was to see. My mind proceeded to be blown.  i encountered Scorpions that were 4 times my size, Ghost pirates, monster eggs that can bite you and for some reason, random clouds of toxic gas.

This game is all about paying for all the cool stuff, i didnt think that there was anything in the game truly worth paying for, then I saw this.  
    That is in fact a hoverboard, rode by a level 50 warrior named Hobbit.  I can only guess how much they payed for the stupid thing, but I was in awe. I am a very little fish in a very big pond.  At this point my fellow Luchadeer decided I was on LSD. Hobbit then messaged me to say "You must be hella lost." All powerful and all knowing, this dude was not to be messed with. 

So of course he broke out the rest of his collection.......

He had other stuff too, but I was a bit slow on taking screenshots and trying to convey how freaking weird my situation was to the guild. 
    After all this I was left with many questions.......

How do I get a hoverboard?
    Does it run on water? 
    Why am I wasting my time in the lame part of this game?
    Why the hell did Justinne give away my interior design job?
    How could anyone be more qualified than me for that job? My Storage chest/bed combos are famous!

Im a much more excited for this game after this little foray, to those of you out there who were hesitant to get in on this Giant Bomb MMO adventure, i encourage you to do so. Its worth the time to at least try it. I can also now prove to the other GB'ers that I wasnt making the stuff about the flying surfboard up......... Now if you don't mind I have to go murder my guilds interior decorator.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

hehehe cool story :D 

I have also saw the guy. I think that additions like that hoover board break a bit the feel of the game, as they don't blend in well with the rest. 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By armaan8014
    @Mikemcn: awesome! I saw the hoverboard too!
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By armaan8014
    @Jeust: you playing now?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust
    @armaan8014 said:
    " @Jeust: you playing now? "
    Not now. In a little bit... :p
    Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Glak

Dude lol i remember you freaking out xD
    And that hoverboard is awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember reading these quotes and being like wtf? now I know! :p

FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By FireSketch

You have a way with words, Mike. Cool story, bro.

Also, I want a hoverboard.

Avatar image for holdontoyourasses
    HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By HoldOnToYourAsses

I am downloading right now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.