Blockbuster Runescape film?

#1 Edited by moywar700 (174 posts) -

There's going to be a World of Warcraft film.What are the chances of there being a Runescape film?Whether the film will be good or not is not the question.Hollywood doesn't give a ****.They only care that the game has a large fanbase and will go see it.Runescape has a huge fanbase,what are the chances of a Runescape film?

#2 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

Uwe Boll will get right on it.

#3 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Maybe if Runescape had a story line that anyone cared about. From what I have played I can tell you that I skipped all the text because it was boring, and not interesting.

#4 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1523 posts) -

I’m holding out for the Maple Story adaptation.

#5 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

0 chance.

#6 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

What exactly would a Runescape movie be about? I played the game years ago, and I can't recall there being any discernible through line.

#7 Posted by Wampa1 (626 posts) -

All the actors should wear block based costume's to get that authentic Runescape experience. Actually if it's going to be that surreal just get David Lynch.

#8 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -

Hmm. What quest would the film be based on? Members only or free? They would probably do Cook's Assistant... :D

#9 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

Hahaha! It could be about the Wise Old Man when he was a Rash Young Man. I would see that.

#10 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

Maybe they should make the story about that one guy who offers to help you then gets you killed and takes all your stuff

#11 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

two brothers journey in runescape and stuff

#12 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

@moywar700 said:

And the next thing they know... they are IN the game!!!!

#13 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@HaltIamReptar

What exactly would a Runescape movie be about? I played the game years ago, and I can't recall there being any discernible through line.

Typing as many text penis as you can in the shortest amount of time.
#14 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

@moywar700 said:

And the next thing they know... they are IN the game!!!!

yes

#15 Posted by Levio (1783 posts) -

The film should be 2 hours of a player runecrafting, at the end of which he levels from 58 to 59.

#16 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

@Levio said:

The film should be 2 hours of a player runecrafting, at the end of which he levels from 58 to 59.

lol that's the best idea ever

#17 Edited by moywar700 (174 posts) -

@HaltIamReptar said:

The game does have side stories,there were even 3 novels on the game.

If I were to make the film,here's what I would make it be like.The tone of the film would be light-hearted,funny, and adventurous. Runescape isn't really a serious game.I don't have a story in mind but it would have some characters based off Runescape. I would have some easter eggs and cameos only Runescape players would understand.

#18 Posted by FreakAche (2949 posts) -

@BillyTheKid said:

Maybe if Runescape had a story line that anyone cared about. From what I have played I can tell you that I skipped all the text because it was boring, and not interesting.

I remember finding some of the writing funny at the time, but then again I was like 14 or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.