I have been playing runescape for 2 years and I am considering wow. without being biligerant.thanks=]
WoW compared to Runescape
"Go to WalMart or a local computar store, they have a two dollar 14 day trial. Pretty much like a crack dealer, first time is free... next thing you know you'll be giving head for your next hit (timecard)."Don't listen to this dood. Just try a 7-day free trial off their website. You won't get past level 20 on the trial more than likely, as I haven't found a newbie yet that could break level 20 in their first 7 days on the game. Personally, I can bust level 20 in about 4 hours, but I've been playing the game for 3 years and know all the damn quests by memory at this point. lol
Everyone forgets that for a free game runescape is amazing.
The majority of people attacking runescape never got past their first hour of runescape because 'muy brain wuz tired by teh funi pictures' .
If you get members runescape (£3.20/ $5 a month) the game is opened up HUGELY, having hundreds of hours of gameplay.
I am rather high leveled and despite owning tf2 ect i still play runscape regularly. Before i got my new computer i had a computer with a 16 mb graphics card. WOW did not run on that. Runescape did.
The best MMORPG for the money you put into it. For 1 month of WOW you get 3 months of runescape and runescape is browser based so you dont need to buy a disk.
Runescape was boring at the very beginning.
WoW was progressively tedious.
I quit from WoW due to the fact I was tired of doing the same quests over and over and over with different skins for creatures and environments.
Go for WoW if you have the cash.
If not, stick with Runescape if you enjoy it.
Runescape isn't entirely bad. Its pretty quick to level up (until your skills are around the 60s - 70s) and theres quite a bit to do until high level anyway, so you don't feel like its a quick rush to max level to do endgame content. Runescape has around 150 quests (around 90% of which are Members Only) and they vary in difficulty, and are usually quite long, and mostly give a decent reward.
However, WoW has the advantage of much better gameplay mechanics, better graphics, a larger amount of quests (though mostly your typical "kill x amount of enemies" quests), and improved PvP, and instanced dungeons.
I played Runescape for awhile, and I remember enjoying my time playing it. I ultimately got tired of the grinding, though. I had an exchange student stay with me this past year who played WoW, so I got to play it for the year he was here. That said, I really only played it for about a month before getting really bored. Again, I got sick of having to level up in order to enjoy the game.
If you like Runescape, you'll probably like WoW, though WoW really doesn't boast much more than Runescape. Bigger world, more races, more equipment, better graphics...But ultimately I'd say it's not even close to worth paying for the game and its expansion in addition to a $15/month fee. Some people are really into it, though,
" lol not even close ive played both and i have to say runescape for 3 reasons. 1.runescape has better weapons. 2.you don't have to pay to play with pissed me off lol. 3.better monsters for runescape. i played wow more but think it sucks srry. "HAHAHHA
runescape is like a demo. you play the same thing over and over again, and the more you play it, the more depressing it gets, and the more you seriuosly need to get a life and pay for something. i don't care what, just pay for something.. if you don't pay then you're pretty much limited to melee weapons, a couple of professions, and mediocre (at best) pvp. you could pay $5 a month which really opens up the game a lot more, but if you're paying a monthly fee for an MMORPG, then just get Wow, seriously. i played a lot of runescape in middle school and bashed Wow kids, but i never even played it. once when i bought a couple months of Wow and played it with my friends, i had more fun than i did in my entire time of playing runescape combined. it's not even a competition. that said i don't really play Wow anymore because i have better games and better things to do than grind to level 80. I'm sure it's great, but i just don't have the time.
and to those saying that your computer can't handle Wow, try living in the 21st century. Wow came out 5 years ago, and even then the system requirements weren't that bad.
I'm still of the opinion that Runescape has the most fun questlines in any game.
It's not a shiny, new fangled experience, it's not about raids and grouping, but it let's me travel to the land of fairies, or kill Frankenstein, or help Merlin fend off demons, or fight off the anti-christ, then travel to a world of trap-setting elves. It let's me go undercover as a monkey, and infiltrate a secret monkey order. The quest lines have humor, and there is never a single "Kill 5 Boars" experience.
It's a grindfest, and it's lacking in a lot of departments, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make everyone else's quests look pretty unappealing.
" lol not even close ive played both and i have to say runescape for 3 reasons. 1.runescape has better weapons. 2.you don't have to pay to play with pissed me off lol. 3.better monsters for runescape. i played wow more but think it sucks srry. "Fail.
" lol not even close ive played both and i have to say runescape for 3 reasons. 1.runescape has better weapons. 2.you don't have to pay to play with pissed me off lol. 3.better monsters for runescape. i played wow more but think it sucks srry. "1. about 10 different weapons. when you get to a higher level, you can buy a different colored version of that same weapon. progressing from iron sword to steel sword is....awesome. yea.
2. if you're not willing to pay a bit of money for games that are actually good, what the hell are you doing on this site? this is a video game website, and good videogames cost money.
3. yea, runescape had great monsters. "man" "guard" "goblin" "cow" "skeleton" and of course, the combat in RS is just so deep and developed.....unlike Wow
"WoW doesn't make you lose most of your armor every time you die. That had to be my most irritating experience with RS. "yea, thats kinda a big thing.
I got all the way to level 75 in Runescape, and had alot of fun doing it, albeit at the expense of my own soul.
I'd say both MMOs will suck you in, and both have a ton of depth, and a good community (Runescape has more 11 year olds though.) personally, i cant say there is any reason to leave runescape unless you feel you a have seen everything, they update it all the time, and its only 5 bucks a month compared to 15, with no base cost for the game itself, or expansions.
Also you can play RS from anywhere..... i'd say go for Runescape unless you really want a change.
I have some huge criticisms about both games.
- Has a point-and-click movement system which just makes the game feel the opposite of immersive when you're restricted to a grid and basic walking/running movements.
- Has combat mainly consisting of auto-attacking and minimal combat interaction.
- Stats are huge in this game, in the way that almost everything affects your chance of getting a hit or avoiding damage. Its far too luck based.
- Some Members weapons are so overpowered that they can one-shot players with the right stats (e.g. 99 in Range and a Dark Bow could let you one-shot most players if lucky.)
- The high level free game gets tediously boring to the point where you'd rather drill your eyes out with a Pneumatic Drill. This is because almost everyone has Rune armour, has killed the mighty (or rather piss easy) Elvarg nowadays, PKing has been dead since December 10 2007, Dungeoneering gets boring after a couple of days and Jagex have neglected free-to-play players in terms of content.
- Has a moronic in-game community and a forum community that makes its ingame community look like Mensa.
World of Warcraft:
- Decent combat system. Well by decent I mean the kind that has been in every MMORPG since EverQuest.
- Damage is more consistent and less capable of one-shotting players. OH WAIT, Wrath of the Lich King came past and screwed all that up.
- Stats don't play as big a role as Runescape's stat system does. Gear still kind of does though.
- Gets better at level 80, and thats the huge problem. It takes around 10 - 20 days of /played for the average player to reach Level 80. When the game as they say "truly begins" with another grind.
- Too grindy. Makes Runescape's grind look effortless.
- £7.99 or $15 a month is much to pay for an MMO. Runescape is not even half of that price.
- Game community is mixed (You can sometimes meet decent players) but usually stupid. Forum community is almost as idiotic as Runescape's.
Hence, I would recommend avoiding both games.
It's completely pointless comparing the two games, they are nothing alike. Coming from someone who has over 100 days in each game I can't even compare the two. 99% of the comments here are from people who heard about Runescape and that people say it sucks without trying it themselves, or just played for a few minutes.
So yeah, these topics are always trollfests and really should be ignored.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.