No recent wiki edits to this page.
Runespell: Overture is a simple role playing game that often feels more like a puzzle game than anything else: the game has power-ups and collectible cards which change your stats, but battles take place in a turn-based card game system.
The world is set in an alternate medieval Europe and relies heavily in Norse mythology. The player takes the role of the Changeling, the son of a monster god who wakes up with no memory.
During battles, the player has to combine cards into groups of five and come up with the best possible poker hands-- the better the hand, the more HP you take out off of your opponent. The player is allowed 3 moves per turn and is allowed to do either one of these:
- rearrange their own set of randomly attributed cards and/or
- dealing a power-up card and or/
- steal the opponent's cards
Power-ups function as defensive or offensive spells, and can be collected throughout the game either by defeating specific enemies, buying them at vendors with the silver you take up from defeating enemies and/or finishing quests or unlocking treasure chests during battles-- this is accomplished by coming up with the lock's respective poker hand (these can range from simple pairs to more complicated hands), which then functions as a key to the chest. Power-ups can only be cast if the player has the necessary Rage Points (RP) to do so; RP is earned every time you hit or get hit.
PC System Requirements
- Operating System: XP / Vista / 7
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64
- RAM Memory: 1GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 350 MB
- Video Card: 256 MB Shader Model 2.0 (Geforce 6 series, Radeon X1000 series)
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
- Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
Mac System Requirements
- Operating System: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel CPU
- RAM Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 350MB
- Video Card: GMA 950 or Dedicated Video Card w/ 128MB of Video Memory and Shader Model 2.0