Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

R.U.S.E.

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 04, 2010

R.U.S.E. is an RTS developed and published by Ubisoft with "ruses" and deception as a central game concept.

Free-to-play July 15th-20th

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By thatfrood

RUSE is returning to steam on the 15th and sticking around for 5 days!
    Anyone who hadn't played it during the first beta, seriously, try it out. It's rts, but it isn't a grind of constant clicking and micro. It focuses on strategy and deception and is hella fun to play online.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

cheers for letting us know

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

i played it and it was way too big for me. i just could not understand what was going on. i may be too stupid for that level or rts but it just didnt click with me

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TotalEklypse

o cool. i have been feeling a void of no good RTS and also of no MMO. that would fill one part of it. if i like i buy      ;D

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thatfrood
    @Ryax said:
    " i played it and it was way too big for me. i just could not understand what was going on. i may be too stupid for that level or rts but it just didnt click with me "
    I think the real problem is that there just isn't any tutorial at the moment. The game itself is actually very simple, a lot simpler than other rts games like Starcraft. It's just different, so you have to re-learn things a bit.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ryax
    @ThatFrood said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " i played it and it was way too big for me. i just could not understand what was going on. i may be too stupid for that level or rts but it just didnt click with me "
    I think the real problem is that there just isn't any tutorial at the moment. The game itself is actually very simple, a lot simpler than other rts games like Starcraft. It's just different, so you have to re-learn things a bit. "
    i may give it another go once it comes about. it just seemed really complicated. but i did enjoy scrolling out and seeing the little war room
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thatfrood
    @Ryax said:
    " @ThatFrood said:
    " @Ryax said:
    I think the real problem is that there just isn't any tutorial at the moment. The game itself is actually very simple, a lot simpler than other rts games like Starcraft. It's just different, so you have to re-learn things a bit. "
    i may give it another go once it comes about. it just seemed really complicated. but i did enjoy scrolling out and seeing the little war room "
    It would be even cooler, as a little mini-game, if you lose a battle the game becomes an fps and you execute all of your officers and assistants in the war room.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ryax
    @ThatFrood said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " @ThatFrood said:
    " @Ryax said:
    i may give it another go once it comes about. it just seemed really complicated. but i did enjoy scrolling out and seeing the little war room "
    It would be even cooler, as a little mini-game, if you lose a battle the game becomes an fps and you execute all of your officers and assistants in the war room. "
    if that were in the game i would buy it just for that. then i would lose every game just to execute my worthless soldiers
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thatfrood

If you wish to begin preloading the game and are impatient (like me), open "run" in windows and type in steam://install/33310
    this should start the pre-loader.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i gave RTS games alot of tries, but really, they can eat my fat ass 

enjoy the 5 day thingie though, guys (:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.