Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

R.U.S.E.

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 04, 2010

R.U.S.E. is an RTS developed and published by Ubisoft with "ruses" and deception as a central game concept.

I don't even like RTS and I want this game.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

I've played a few RTS games in the past, and they're fun for a while but it never felt like there was much strategy as everyone either rushed at the start, or just sat back and built the largest army possible.  I like the focus on deception in this game.  I don't know if other RTS games have done much of that, all I know is this one looks pretty awesome.  For example, you could trick the enemy into thinking you have some powerful units holding one position, or maybe trick them into thinking you have no units guarding that position to bait them into attacking.  Sounds like some poker style strategy that could make for some very interesting battles.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lunarbunny

It looks awesome but we'll see, I've seen a lot of promise with little result from Ubisoft recently.

With your complaints about RTS, I want to suggest World in Conflict to you...

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Black_Raven

Looks like it could be good, I need to see a lot more before I can get excited for this game though.

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Scorched

I would also suggest World in Conflict,
    but the best RTS evur is Company of Heroes, multiplayer at least.  Although it may be hard to get into, I guess you could try a few skirmishes to get into it.
    Anyway yeah, RUSE looks pretty cool.  Interested, but not that excited about it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoelTGM
    Scorched said:
    "I would also suggest World in Conflict,but the best RTS evur is Company of Heroes, multiplayer at least.  Although it may be hard to get into, I guess you could try a few skirmishes to get into it.Anyway yeah, RUSE looks pretty cool.  Interested, but not that excited about it."
    Oh yeah, I was in the beta for CoH.  Good game, all I can remember from it though was the german tanks dominated.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By ZombiePie

I'm curious to see how this game works. It definitely has a huge scale and scope to it, but I want to see how the mechanics work for this game the most. But I'm slightly disappointed to hear that the game is only going to take place in WW2, it would have been nice if the game took place in a new and different time period that already has been done to death. But despite this, this game is definitely on my radar, I'm always up for a good strategy game.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kishan6
    @Scorched said:
    " I would also suggest World in Conflict,but the best RTS evur is Company of Heroes, multiplayer at least.  Although it may be hard to get into, I guess you could try a few skirmishes to get into it.Anyway yeah, RUSE looks pretty cool.  Interested, but not that excited about it. "
    i have almost 200 hours in COH and opposing fronts but i have to say starcraft is EASILY the best RTS game ever.  both fantastic games tho and worth playing
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Whisperkill

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this game.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Lunarbunny said:
    " It looks awesome but we'll see, I've seen a lot of promise with little result from Ubisoft recently.

With your complaints about RTS, I want to suggest World in Conflict to you... "
    World in Conflict is fun, but it's mostly just micromanagement and teamwork, not so much strategy.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same, I'm not usually into RTS games but man my friend told me to try out the BETA and I was amazed out how streamlined everything was, I'm def considering purchasing this game for pc^^

Unless the crazy DRM stuff is true, I might have to rethink it =/

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentofChaos

I really don't like this game. I liked World in Conflict but I still prefer base building RTS games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.