Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

R.U.S.E.

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 04, 2010

R.U.S.E. is an RTS developed and published by Ubisoft with "ruses" and deception as a central game concept.

R.U.S.E. Public Beta on Steam now!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

That large scale WWII RTS R.U.S.E. has an open beta on steam now.

Product Release - Valve 08:09

March 9, 2009 — Today, Ubisoft announces that the Public Beta Test for R.U.S.E., a one-of-a-kind real-time strategy (RTS) game developed by Eugen Systems, is now supported through and available for download and installation on Steam. Set to reinvigorate the strategy genre, R.U.S.E. allows players to use their brains as the ultimate weapon to fight a war of perception where the ability to deceive and mislead the enemy determines success.

In the public beta, players will have the opportunity to choose one of the 6 unique factions available in the game (US, UK, GER, USSR, FRANCE, IT) and train themselves against the artificial intelligence on the "Blitz" map before entering the multiplayer challenge.

With 7 multiplayer maps (from 1 vs. 1 to 4 vs. 4...or free for all) players will be able to test their strategist skills against enemies combining up to 10 different ruses to lure their opponents in one of the 3 multiplayer game modes (1939, 1942, 1945).

For more information on this Public Beta content and how to play it, you can visit www.rusegame.com/beta. or www.steamgames.com/RUSEbeta.

About R.U.S.E.

R.U.S.E. is a one-of-a-kind real-time strategy game that allows players to bluff their enemies to lead their nation to victory, controlling the action using views that range seamlessly from the heart of the battlefield to the full theatre of war. Players will be plunged into the action thanks to the exclusive IRISZOOMTM Engine which offers an intuitive interface that allows for smooth, rapid transitions from a birds-eye view of the entire conflict, down into the heat of the battle and vice versa.

In R.U.S.E., players use their brain as the ultimate weapon, fighting a war of perception, where the ability to deceive and mislead the enemy determines success. A first in a strategy game, R.U.S.E. reinvigorates the genre by using deception to give new-found depth to the game play.
    R.U.S.E. is scheduled for release on Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in Q1 2010.

To learn more about R.U.S.E., visit the redesigned website at www.rusegame.com.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3574/

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By manhattan_project

Is anyone else not able to launch the game?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx
    @Manhattan_Project said:
    " Is anyone else not able to launch the game? "
    I can't, it just takes me to the store page.
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By manhattan_project
    @Demyx: Mine starts to launch but closes after a logo pops up. 
    Seems others are having the same problem over at the Ubisoft forums: Link
    Hopefully they get it fixed soon.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By stephengotlost

Is it more like World in Conflict or Total War?
    I prefer the former.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Demyx
    @Manhattan_Project said:
    " @Demyx: Mine starts to launch but closes after a logo pops up. 
    Seems others are having the same problem over at the Ubisoft forums: Link Hopefully they get it fixed soon. "
    I just reloaded steam, and it started up fine
    ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ErrorOperator

Been playing some, I am not very good at it, if anyone wants to play then add my steam @ douglas530

KommanderCevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By KommanderCevin

I'm surprised we're getting to play it as an open, public beta so early. The thing is something like four months out, right?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By thatfrood

I am enjoying this game a lot. At the moment it seems to play a lot like a traditional ww2 rts, a la CoH, but it is still very fun. Perhaps at higher echelons of skill the ruses will become more critical, but so far I haven't found them to be utterly necessary. Mostly, I just play a modified early-to-mid-game tank rush

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.