Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Can this be a gesture by Nintendo?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

All the Miis from users that have "Yeah'd" this Miiverse tribute post to Ryan have a sad expression by default. It's a touching detail, and it was simultaneously sad and cute to see my Mii mirror my emotions when I didn't expect it.

I've never seen this happen before. Is this something the poster can set, or can this be a gesture by Nintendo, or someone that works there?

No Caption Provided

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

No idea but that is something really cool. Its nice to see everyone from the gaming community in support of Ryan Davis' family, friends, and fans with these tributes.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GS_Dan

That's actually super neat

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I think Mii's are naturally sad.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

3:

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Is there some context-reading technology that can spot the text in that picture? Or is that sci-fi space technology?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's really cool actually.

"Unyeah" sounds so stupid though.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: That's cool, but I believe it's something these people are setting. You can tap your Mii and change its expression on Miiverse posts.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Off to the Miiverse! I got something to Yeah!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Is there some context-reading technology that can spot the text in that picture? Or is that sci-fi space technology?

That technology probably exists. I don't think Nintendo is a company advanced enough for it.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@snail: That's cool, but I believe it's something these people are setting. You can tap your Mii and change its expression on Miiverse posts.

Untrue. That's in the comments, not the "Yeahs". I'm in there too, and as soon as I "Yeah'd" that post my Mii showed up with that expression, by default. Maybe the author can set a default mood? If not, maybe it really was Nintendo that did this.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It is just the state Nintendo is in. I do not believe Nintendo is that smart or understanding to do something like this.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There's no option on the WiiU to flag inappropriate material, I don't think, which leads me to believe that use humans to manually delete the millions of dicks kids upload. I'd like to think some Nintendo employee had a hand in this.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@snail said:
    @truthtellah said:

Untrue. That's in the comments, not the "Yeahs". I'm in there too, and as soon as I "Yeah'd" that post my Mii showed up with that expression, by default. Maybe the author can set a default mood? If not, maybe it really was Nintendo that did this.

When you Yeah a post, your Mii just defaults to the expression of the OP's Mii, which is manually chosen.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOO SPOOKY

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:
    @truthtellah said:

Your Mii's mood can definitely be set for a post, and as Hailinel noted, "Yeah"ing a post makes your Mii mirror their emotion.

While it would be kind of cool and crazy if some algorithm did this, I think it's just a normal occurrence.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ryan never lived to see, or even realize, that the most next gen console, was already out.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: Here's an old video that shows at the end how you can set an expression when making a new post on Miiverse. That expression is then matched by Yeah's.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.