Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Dear Ryan.

mondeblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been visiting Giantbomb and listening to the podcasts, watching the quicklooks, tuning in for TNT's and everything else for the past 5 or 6 years.

I listen to the podcast sitting on long commutes, working out, while I'm driving, on my computer, and even when I'm lying in bed going to sleep.

With all that time spent listening, I almost feel like I got to know the guys. Their personalities, what they each like and dislike, games, music and movies, food and drink. It almost feels like we were friends, even though I live in Australia.

Friends who were passionate about something that I'm passionate about. Friends who were always there at a moment's notice to fill my head with conversation, laughter and discussion. Friends who could cheer me up when I was down. Friends who made me happy.

Ryan, I felt like you were one of my friends. Your voice, your face, your shirts and your laughter have been a regular part of my life for some time now.

I can't read the words "Hi everybody, it's Tuesday," in my head in any voice but your own.

That's why I feel like I've personally lost a friend today.

I think we've all lost a friend today.

I miss you, Ryan.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

RIP.

I can't read the words "Hi everybody, it's Tuesday," in my head in any voice but your own.

Well said.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thatdutchguy

I just have no words anymore. this is too awfull.

Every time i saw Ryan in the beginning of a live show or i love mondays video, i would have the biggest smile on my face... I feel so sorry for Ryan's best friend Jeff.

I don't know how Giantbomb can continue on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.