Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Here's to Ryan

Sidfiou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Sidfiou

Among all the personalities that encompass the video games industry, Ryan Davis was one of the most influential. He held such weight in conversations that a mere mention of some dumb thing he saw or heard would spark a long string of Twitter replies. There's no doubt that he brought obscure things to the attention of many; Cards Against Humanity comes to mind for me.

One of the few times I met him was after Rock Band Night this year. He was next to Jeff and I just awkwardly came over to shake his hand. "I'm not going to shake your hand," he said and left me hanging for a few seconds. Then he relented, shook, and struck up a small conversation. Him ribbing me a bit was one of the more remarkable moments of an already amazing night.

Browsing through other people's stories about him, one thing is clear: no matter if you were a seasoned industry vet or an amateur fan, every interaction he had with others was a memorable one. He's one of those guys that you instantly respected and was very easy to admire.

So, here's to Ryan Davis, a sarcastic gentleman and a Summerjam scholar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.