Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

It's been real fun Ryah.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Edited By EarlessShrimp

I just wanted to say my small piece on Ryan. I joined Gamespot in 2004 and was a fan of the crew ever since then. I would tune in routinely for their On the Spot antics, and always love the endearing silly videos they always made. Ryan’s style was one of the big reasons I grew so passionate about games. After they left Gamespot I kind of lost track of them. I grew somewhat disillusioned with video games. I didn't know giantbomb was a place until about a year and a half ago. You can understand my elation when I discovered that the guys were still around, doing their thing more than ever. I immediately jumped into the community. With the knowledge that they were still around, my love of video games suddenly jumped back into my life. Ryan has been a big part of that. When I was a teenager, I aspired to be more like him, in his critical writing style. As a 20-something I loved his wit and his no-holds-barred attitude towards games. With his loss, I've felt the loss of something special. I never really had a chance to meet him, or speak with him personally, aside from the occasional mention or quote back on Gamespot; some things still stuck with me to this very day. I can only smile with tears in my eyes at the loss of this great man and the memories he left behind. I don't know what else I can say, really. Just... I'm gonna miss him,, dammit. I'm gonna miss him a lot.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

can't believe I fucking misspelled his name. Well, I'm embarassed. Chalk it up to too many beers and emotions flowing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.