Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Memorial memorabilia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Captain_Insano

I am aware of the inherent tautology in the title of this post. I don't really want to pester the giantbomb crew, but I also really do want some form of t-shirt that enables me to publicly display my memory of and adoration for Ryan Davis.

Similarly, that Ryan as a general picture has to be made into a printable poster. As a teacher I would get that framed, put it up in a classroom and, when asked about it, spin an amazing tale of wonder and adventure that capture as many true to life stories as possible.

Ultimately, I'm just curious on an update of the status of Ryan Davis memorabilia.

Damn, I still find the whole thing difficult to fathom.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@captain_insano: I find your headline a decent bit crass.

They said they would update us on more when they had more information. I doubt they need us to remind them with silly jokes about Ryan Davis "memorabilia".

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_insano: E-mail them, PM them, or ask Jeff on his tumblr if you are so inclined. But posting here as though they need to be pressured into making trinkets for us just rubs me in the wrong way.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

That is in no way my intention. As I mentioned, I am a bit curious about it and have not been particularly active on the forums lately. As I didn't know what was going on, or what the progress was, I thought I'd ask. Having followed Jeff, Ryan, Vinny and Brad from Gamespot I was, like most here, heavily rocked by Ryan's passing.

The title was all I could come up with on the spot, and while it's wordplay is intended to be mildly humourous, it is not intended to demean Ryan whatsoever.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_insano: We're all still dealing with it, but this isn't the way to go about it. All creating a forum thread will do is get twenty people to go, "Yeah! We want a shirt! We want some posters! Maybe a bumper sticker or two! What's taking you so long?"

Please PM Rorie or something instead. Message Jeff's tumblr. Or do any number of things besides this.

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but this just seems like it's inappropriate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.