Raise your glass in memory of a fallen duder.

• 167 results
#151 Edited by Pikadrew (24 posts) -

To Ryan......

Thanks for being awesome duder. Tuesdays aren't the same without you. GLHB

#152 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3869 posts) -

Hey buddy. Miss ya. Wish I'd gotten to share a beer with you. Gonna have a few for you.

#153 Edited by Dalai (7029 posts) -
#154 Edited by Velutha (43 posts) -

We all miss you so much Ryan.

#155 Edited by SpaceRunaway (865 posts) -

Everyone who was affected by his loss is in my thoughts. This turned out to be a much harder day than I thought it would be, especially when I loaded up the site and saw the Hotline Miami QL.

I poured a glass of scotch and watched the Harmonix stream, and right now I'm thinking about starting up the week after episode of the bombcast, even though I never thought I'd listen to that episode more than once.

This is what I wrote last year, and I guess it's worth writing again:

Fuck Ryan Davis, for leaving us behind and going much too early. Love Ryan Davis.

Thank you Ryan.

#156 Posted by Alphaknowledge (26 posts) -
#157 Edited by demonknightinuyasha (466 posts) -

I do not yet have a drink in hand, but when I do it will be to Ryan. RIP Duder.

#158 Posted by JRM (57 posts) -

To Ryan!

#159 Edited by terror_shart (34 posts) -

Not quite a bourbon, but it felt appropriate....Cheers Ryan

#160 Edited by Eliot_Maas (3 posts) -

Impossible to put into words, so I'll just leave it at this:

#161 Posted by Gutterkisser (207 posts) -
#162 Posted by Stubstub (26 posts) -

Ryan's one ice cube recipe got me to like bourbon outside of just mixed drinks. Thanks Ryan.

#163 Posted by Carlos1408 (1506 posts) -

A wonderful man and greatly missed.

#164 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

Fuck, man.

Just... fuck, y'know?

I dunno, fuck.

Love Ryan Davis <>.

#165 Posted by Nux (2360 posts) -

It's hard to believe its been a year already...

#166 Posted by yakov456 (1908 posts) -

Still remember feeling my heart drop out when I read the news on twitter last year. We really miss you wherever you are duder.

#167 Posted by Juiceman (6 posts) -

@csl316: Wow! Thanks so much for searching for that! I really appreciate it.

#168 Posted by DoctorDonkey (254 posts) -

I still remember the exact moment I found. I was on Gamespot watching that old Ron Graphite video Ryan did, laughing my ass off. My eyes then strayed to the left and I saw that little dreaded combination of a name, and a date, and that name was Ryan Davis. I still remember that weird feeling in my chest, near the heart area, when I read it. It was that warm, yet cold, time stoping, yet shocking little jump you get when the know you've just witnessed something terrifying in front of you.

I was pretty depressed for the next 3 hours. But eventually I sat down in front of my monitor and did what Ryan would love. I didn't pour any liquor out, he would think that is a waste, I'm sure. I didn't watch a bunch of old Ryan videos, that would hurt too much. I put on Hotline Miami, and straight murdered fools for 5 hours straight, with just the knife and nothing else. Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, just jabbing. It was really oddly satisfying. As it was to watch you in front of the camera, Ryan. Thanks for all the laughs, and for making everyone feel like they had closet, yet furthest away, best friend.

#169 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

I put on Hotline Miami, and straight murdered fools for 5 hours straight, with just the knife and nothing else. Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, just jabbing. It was really oddly satisfying. As it was to watch you in front of the camera, Ryan. Thanks for all the laughs, and for making everyone feel like they had closet, yet furthest away, best friend.

You did the best thing. That's how to truly memorialize a man.

#170 Edited by James_Hayward (355 posts) -

Glasses were raised at the London meet up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.