Ryan Davis beer bottle label

#1 Posted by Fobwashed (2315 posts) -

I was tapped by the exemplary @brewmaster_andy to take a crack at making a few beer labels and this was one of the designs I came up with. It won't be used but I felt like sharing it with the community.

I honest to god still miss the man. Love Ryan Davis.

#2 Posted by Seedofpower (3955 posts) -

Slap that on a bottle and ship it to market. Make it a strong one to remember one of the best! We miss you, duder!

#3 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

When I see stuff like this, it just makes me happy. Awesome work as always.

#4 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6172 posts) -

You are one creative forced to be reckoned with @fobwashed. Thanks for sharing duder!

Rip Ryan

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13272 posts) -

Love it.

...and god damn do I miss that man.

#6 Posted by Blair (2536 posts) -

Very cool!

Hot damn, Ryan left such a profound hole. Miss him so fuckin' much.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (15374 posts) -

Awesome shit. I must be spacing on what Weizen means though?

#8 Edited by crusader8463 (14441 posts) -

I keep thinking he's on vacation and will be coming back any day now. Then I get sad again when I remember.

#9 Posted by GalacticPunt (1151 posts) -

I'm truly happy/sad to see something nice like this in honor of RTD.

Just a little confused about what the silhouette of the Ryan torso is holding? Is that a tiny baseball bat? I thought I've seen everything in the history of this site, but I don't know what that's a callback to.

#10 Posted by InsidiousTuna (462 posts) -

@demoskinos: Hefeweizen's a German-style wheat beer, generally. Pretty light with a lot of fruit influences.

#11 Posted by InsidiousTuna (462 posts) -
#12 Posted by ripelivejam (5422 posts) -

Luftrausers Ryan Davis :')

#13 Posted by Nightriff (5665 posts) -

I'm truly happy/sad to see something nice like this in honor of RTD.

Just a little confused about what the silhouette of the Ryan torso is holding? Is that a tiny baseball bat? I thought I've seen everything in the history of this site, but I don't know what that's a callback to.

To me it looks like he has a sniper rifle...

#14 Posted by Sergio (2396 posts) -

@galacticpunt: Guard Bike was judged and found wanting.

Ah. I thought it might have been a reference to what would win in a fight, bat or knife.

#15 Posted by development (2822 posts) -

@nightriff: Totally thought it was a sniper rifle, too.

#16 Posted by ch3burashka (5332 posts) -

I've been listening to old Bombcasts, and I keep forgetting that he's not gonna be on any more. It still feels weird.

Nice label. Not a fan of black/white fade on the left, makes it look like it should be a vinyl stick-on which isn't what I look for in a beer. Still, obviously good job duder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.