Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Ryan Davis was my friend

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By LiquidPrince

I never met Ryan in person. I never sat with him in the car on his way home from a long day at Giant Bomb. He never confided in me any personal facts. I wasn't invited to his wedding.

Despite all this, I consider Ryan Davis to be a good friend. Someone just asked me why I was tearing up, and I simply replied, "a good friend of mine just passed away" without hesitation. I may not have ever "met" Ryan, but you can't listen to a man's voice, his laugh, his yells for more then a decade and not somehow be attached to him. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of this community feels the same way. The world is a little less funny, and a whole lot less bright on this day. Rest in peace my friend. My thoughts are with you, always.

- Avid

No Caption Provided

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I feel exactly the same way. I found out in the middle of a class and couldn't focus for the rest of it. Ughhh this is so sad!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I feel exactly the same way. I found out in the middle of a class and couldn't focus for the rest of it. Ughhh this is so sad!

My friend texted me and I couldn't believe it. He actually texted me the name Rayan (auto correct messing up) and I got who he was talking about, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it so I texted him back asking who, then dreading the response.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

We were all his friends. RIP Ryan

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Tireyo

I saw the front page and the words, and it's all that I needed to figure out what happened. He''ll be missed. =-(

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually teared up too. For someone I don't know personally that says alot about his character and how he presented himself on this website. I really wanted to meet him and the crew one day, just didn't have the time to make it to Pax or other events. Wish I did.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

You've summed it up perfectly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.