Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Thanks for Everything Ryan

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Sanity

There's not many people in the world who can put a smile on your face like Ryan could with just the sound of his voice. I never met the man in person but his personality was contagious and when I listened to the podcast it was like I was in the same room as him. I love listening to all the guys but Ryan could tell a story and make you see it all clear as day in your head, from his weird hummingbird facemask, to narcing on pot smokers I could count on him to make me look awkward at work as i laughed my ass off. Those three hours of joy would get me through a entire week, and sure the bombast isn't going anywhere but its going to feel empty without Ryan there.

He obviously cared about his job a great deal and if theirs one thing I can learn from him it would be to try your hardest and dont half ass anything. Sure games journalism is about as similar to the jobs I have done as oil and water, but he had a nack for being professional and fun at the same time and basically always seemed to being giving it 100%. That's downright rare nowadays and is something I could defiantly do better with.

Its been a fun ride from watching him back on Gamespot, through the early days of GiantBomb, and all his current work. I'll never forget all the laughs he gave me and all the crappy days he cheered me up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.