Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

The new Giant Bomb Ryan Davis shirt: What do you think?

• 108 results
    Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Perfect.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it's a perfect Ryan Davis tribute shirt.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its a shame how much shipping to the UK is

chrisccerami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fuck, Ryan Davis. I don't know what you all are talking about but I plan on sporting that beast in public with pride. Sure, I won't wear it to work or anything, but I don't think the duders at 7-11 or the people I pass on my daily run will care about my t-shirt choice. Ryan would have definitely worn this shirt and I say fuck anyone (without a comma!) who doesn't like it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BisonHero

@selfconfessedcynic said:

I'm buying it tomorrow (assuming stock lasts) - but can't wear it either :(

I don't believe there is any stock yet to run out. "This is a to-order item (meaning we'll print them when we get an idea of how many we need to ship)". So you probably have at least a few days.

Anyway, I'd actually rather just donate the money directly and save the cost of the t-shirt from the equation. Mostly because while the t-shirt is very Davis-esque, I just know I would, at best, wear it one day a year at PAX.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You know what, it is perfect

Game_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I already bought it, and am going to wear it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TruthTellah

I think it's clever, but I do regret that I won't be able to wear it. I would have preferred something wearable in public to show my appreciation for Ryan. (I'll buy this and tape over part of it if that's the only option available)

Is there any way the staff could just setup a place to donate directly to helping support Anna?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like something he would appreciate. I think Love Ryan Davis would be the best tribute. or "Uh, uh, uh, uh"

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, the official Giant Bomb twitter account has said they'll look into doing a non-swear word shirt in the future. If it will still directly benefit Anna, I'm all for waiting to purchase whatever that prospective shirt is.

https://twitter.com/giantbomb/status/356514421499113472

No Caption Provided

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I bought this one, and I will buy the non-fuck one as well.

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered it and plan to wear it. I feel that the sentiment behind it and the actual meaning (not to mention the comma..) will be sufficed enough to wear in public.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I think that's a beautiful and appropriate adaption of the original, my respect and love for Ryan Davis can't overrule the respect I think I should show everyone I interact with. So while I would buy this shirt for the cause and my wall, I'm more interested in one I will wear.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, Ryan Davis. I don't know what you all are talking about but I plan on sporting that beast in public with pride. Sure, I won't wear it to work or anything, but I don't think the duders at 7-11 or the people I pass on my daily run will care about my t-shirt choice. Ryan would have definitely worn this shirt and I say fuck anyone (without a comma!) who doesn't like it.

Some good sense in this post.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought but cannot wear, holding out hope they will reissue the Narc shirt, that one I would wear.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's funny and true to the site but not very functional. A black t-shirt with big pink txt, regardless of what it says just doesn't go with a lot of things on my wardrobe.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Personally I think it is pretty dumb.

Yeah, it's meant to be dumb. It's a tribute to Ryan Davis.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought it. They were looking into a more public version which is fine. But I missed it the first time and decided to nab mainly because I feel so much for his Wife and want to help in an APPROPRIATE manner. Rather than half cocked like some people have suggested or even started doing.

I just hope the coupon I used doesn't ruin the proceeds much or at all. Since if I didn't use the coupon I would be paying 2x almost 3x as much since I am international and I could not do it.

Without coupon it is $45 with its $25 meaning its £16 just inline with what I could afford. Its does mean that the official amount from the tee is $10 while postage reems a good $15.

Every little helps.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ryan would definitely approve.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I wont be able to wear it out and about, but I will wear it under my dress shirts and such. I ordered it and love it, but I couldn't get away with wearing it without some sort of retribution from multiple people. I'm looking forward to any sort of tribute things they have planned. This is just so Ryan I couldn't help but order it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'll be buying one but I can't wear it....I hope the get another design that I can wear and be proud like others have said before me

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

Ordering this shirt now.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Yeah, I'm all for supporting Ryan's wife, but I can't wear that anywhere. And if I'm going to be paying international shipping plus duty (which is a butt fuck when it comes to clothing), it should be a shirt I can wear.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb said:

It's clever. I like it.

If I were to dream, though, I'd like a shirt of Olly Moss' design of Ryan Davis.

Thats an awesome idea ... how about that pokemon-picture he drew for Ryan? That on a shirt would be great.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find the "I don't understand why you wouldn't want to wear it" or "Don't be a pussy" comments ridiculous. . . Really, you can't fathom why someone would not want to wear it?

Here are my ONE reason why i could not wear this shirt: I have a 2 year old son and a 6 year old daughter.

- I would get thrown out of my kids' school/daycare.

- My daughter would ask me "What does FUCK, Ryan Davis mean?"

I have no problem if you were to wear this shirt. . . but don't play the naive tough guy and pretend you can't see why people would choose not to wear it.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll buy this to help but I'm a grown-ass man you guys. I can't wear this shit outside the house.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

@truthtellah: That's nice to see that they will have different options for Ryan t-shirts. I will probably get all of them, though.

xR3COx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an old t shirt, but with a small tweek. , not something id feel comfortable wearing out in public, i havent really worn shirts with swear words since like 10 years ago.

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it, even though it's unlikely to get worn very often. I think I've worn my "China don't care" shirt out of the house like twice ever, but the truth is that they could have printed anything and I would have still bought it just to support Ryan's wife.

As for the design of the shirt itself, I think it's pretty clever and in tune with the spirit of the site and its sense of humor.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By Hunter5024

To all of you saying you're disappointed that you can't wear it in public I say psh. PSH. If someone disapproves just explain it to them and then they'll feel like the asshole they are.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, no... I want something I can wear outside of the house. That's why I never bought this during the live show. Even if it just says @taswell on it. Or #Uhuhuhuhuhuhuh.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By pweidman

It's cool because it goes to a good cause, but it's just not something I'd ever wear...anywhere.

Us sensitive types need a softer option please. :) But we still care!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By MocBucket62

I like it, but that is not a shirt to wear outside the household.

fanboyjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will buy this but as other said could we get ole moss's one or the 8 bit ryan one or love ryan davis I want to be able to wear this out

<3

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forkboy said:

@atheist4jeezuhs said:

Personally I think it is pretty dumb.

Yeah, it's meant to be dumb. It's a tribute to Ryan Davis.

Yeah, what this guy said.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff Gerstmann

Due to some logistical issues we are pulling the Ryan Davis memorial shirt out of our online store. We hope to get this sorted soon. Thanks.

:(

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By McGhee

@godlyawesomeguy said:

@august said:

I'll buy this to help but I'm a grown-ass man you guys. I can't wear this shit outside the house.

I guess I'll have to appreciate being a kid while I still can, and totally wear this outside.

I'm just going to wear it when I go drinking. Nobody's going to have a problem at the lowlife bar my friends and I frequent. Although, Jeff seems to be unsure as to whether or not any of the existing orders are going to be fulfilled or just refunded anyway.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Maybe my ideas of public decency are completely skewed, but I will have no problem wearing this in public. I already wear my "Fuck Ryan Davis" shirt in public.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, people in here are funny, they will curse up a storm and use derogatory terms to describe each other but when it comes to being shown in public "Noo, I can't wear that, 'sniff' my mom might see!" .. hahahaha.

I love it and will be wearing it with pride provided I still get one with the issues they had.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna cut the collar off of mine because that's what I do with shirts. Also you are all pussies for not wearing this in public

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By bushpusherr

@zeforgotten said:

Haha, people in here are funny, they will curse up a storm and use derogatory terms to describe each other but when it comes to being shown in public "Noo, I can't wear that, 'sniff' my mom might see!" .. hahahaha.

I love it and will be wearing it with pride provided I still get one with the issues they had.

You have to be trying pretty hard to ignore the difference between swearing on an online message board or in the presence of friends, and a vibrant display of profanity out in public. It's about expectations. On the forums of a video game website you would expect a certain carelessness when it comes to language and general vulgarity. Going to the grocery store? Not the same. Grandmothers, families, and children don't necessarily need to see you walking around with the word "FUCK" in all caps on your chest.

It's just common decency.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@zeforgotten said:

For once, you and I agree. My old enemy. I pretty much swear like a sailor in front of everyone, except complete strangers so I see no problem with the t-shirt. It's a relatively mild swear word, unlike thundercunt.

A perfect t-shirt in any case.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By zeforgotten

@bushpusherr said:

@zeforgotten said:

You have to be trying pretty hard to ignore the difference between swearing on an online message board or in the presence of friends, and a vibrant display of profanity out in public. It's about expectations. On the forums of a video game website you would expect a certain carelessness when it comes to language and general vulgarity. Going to the grocery store? Not the same. Grandmothers, families, and children don't necessarily need to see you walking around with the word "FUCK" in all caps on your chest.

It's just common decency.

"Fuck, Ryan Davis" is infinitely better than a shirt with skulls on it that says "Necrophiliac".
    One is a band t-shirt, the other is in support of someone and his wife.
    The comma does make a difference here as well.

Of course you could get horribly murdered by someone with bad grammar, I guess.

@thedudeofgaming: Wait, "old enemy"?
    How can we be enemies when I have no idea who you are at all?
    Seems like a pretty unimportant enemy/person if you ask me :P

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#95  Edited By Bollard

I called it, as soon as they mentioned punctuation on the podcast. I really would love to get one, but being a broke ass student is hard.

SHHADOWW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it wasn't about wearing it in pubic I don't care about that or what people say. But I would have liked to wear it to work and where I work they have a policy of no profanity on shirts or anything else for that matter.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bushpusherr

"Fuck, Ryan Davis" is infinitely better than a shirt with skulls on it that says "Necrophiliac".

We could always play the CNN game: Which is worse, "F-word" or "Necrophiliac." It's the same answer as before; the one you can't print on television. The punctuation isn't relevant. I'm sure a mother in public would be totally fine explaining to her child what they saw because the punctuation was just so, "No don't worry son, that's not the sexual "FUCK," that "FUCK" is more of an exclamation."

No one you see in public except people who knew about Ryan before hand are going to understand that shirt or it's origins. I plan on buying one myself once the logistical error or whatever is figured out, but that doesn't mean there isn't a time and place to wear it. It's not a matter of "being a pussy" or "afraid my mom is going to see" or some nonsense, it's just a matter of class.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By KittyVonDoom

It's an ugly, ugly shirt. Is there anyway I could just donate instead?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

We could always play the CNN game: Which is worse, "F-word" or "Necrophiliac." It's the same answer as before; the one you can't print on television. The punctuation isn't relevant. I'm sure a mother in public would be totally fine explaining to her child what they saw because the punctuation was just so, "No don't worry son, that's not the sexual "FUCK," that "FUCK" is more of an exclamation."

No one you see in public except people who knew about Ryan before hand are going to understand that shirt or it's origins. I plan on buying one myself once the logistical error or whatever is figured out, but that doesn't mean there isn't a time and place to wear it. It's not a matter of "being a pussy" or "afraid my mom is going to see" or some nonsense, it's just a matter of class.

So because I have no problem wearing a T-shirt I bought I have no class?
    That's probably the dumbest bullshit I've heard on the internet in years, and considering the forum it's posted on that's no small feat :P

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By FateOfNever

The shirt already doesn't exist anymore on the store. Is there a problem on my end, or did the shirt completely sell out and get taken down from the site in only a day? Because that's a bummer. I would totally buy this shirt just to frame it and hang it on my wall if nothing else.

edit: Nevermind, found out the answer: The shirt was pulled due to logistical issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.