Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

THE REALEST SUMMERJAMS - now on RDIO

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mostman

I'm sure this has been done, but a basic search didn't turn up exactly what I was looking for, so I did it myself.

THE REALEST SUMMERJAMS was Ryan's epic summer jam list. Constructed and curated in a way only Ryan could pull off. Unfortunately, I have RDIO, not Spotify, and I'm not switching. So I used resp.in to bring it over. Here it is in all its glory:

THE REALEST SUMMERJAMS - Ryan Davis Memorial - RDIO

First glance, it looks accurate. However, there are about 200 songs Ryan had on the list that are not playable on Spotify anymore (probably license issues). I'm going to go through them by hand and see if I can get some of them in on RDIO. If anyone notices any other errors, let me know, and I'll fix them up. Enjoy.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got most of those other ones in there. Any other mistakes, songs missing, dupes, let me know.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Branthog

Wait, what do you mean? I finally used Spotify (I hate it, because I don't want a bunch of social shit and MOG has the best catalogue . . . but a shitty discovery service) so I could listen to Ryan's jams and of the 250ish songs they all seem to be there (though I'm just starting to listen, so it's not like I've gone through a huge chunk of the playlist).

Ryan has had damn good taste.

Edit: I forgot. :(

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mostman

There's more than 250. There's about 450. But some of them are greyed out in Spotify. I'm not sure why. The only way to see them all is to view the list on the web. The app filters them out.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Whoa, okay -- I didn't realize I was missing out on a whole chunk of that list. Weird for a service that touts 16m songs and "10,000 more every day" or whatever. :/

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you a paying Spotify member? I kind of figured I couldn't play them because I just did the free 48 hour trial. Some of those greyed out songs are SUPER common and pretty old. I was shocked to see them greyed out.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah, this is great, thanks :) I don't have Spotify, so I couldn't listen to the other playlist :(

randomatom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much man, I hate spotify because I'm not a paying member, but I love Ryan Davis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.