Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

...Well fuck, He's dead.

Frankenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I wake up, I wash my teeth, forget to walk the dog and sit down in front of the computer to enjoy a plate full on micowaved snacks as I often do. To accompany this plate full of constipation, I open youtube and scavenge through the very channel of videos that's been my primary home for entertainment and laughter for as long as I can remember. I open an old video I happened to miss months ago. A game I don't care about nor ever intend to own, a video preview of a game made fun solely by to the personalities playing it. Watching it, I laugh along with Vinny and Ryan as they fumble through Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. I manage to get through the horribly overcooked meal nearly choking myself to death over laughter at certain points. My morning routine is complete, the day has been brightened up and ready to begin. I take one last peek over at the home page to read the latest news. Ryan Davis has died. I feel empty.

That was the beginning of my day today. It seems odd to be writing on this site after so many years of following it, yet never really being part of the community. I know I'm not someone any of you know, I've rarely if ever visited the forums, I've never done a blog, I've never commented on a video either here or on youtube, but despite all that, I've always been around. I've always been watching (Hold the 911 phone calls folks, I only stalk celebrities). I've been following the Giantbomb crew ever since Jeff, Ryan, Alex, Brad and Vinny were still part of gamespot. My first memories of ever seeing an online videogame review come from watching Alex lose all hope in humanity while reviewing big rigs. That grew into a love and admiration for all the guys. Back then I never considered myself a fan, On the spot was something I watched to pass the boredom of having to do homework, but as the personalities I had become so accustomed to watching each week began to leave one by one back in 2007, I knew that I had to find out what they were up to next. Due to my delight I found out about a year later that most of them had joined forces and created a new website - Giantbomb.

From the first quick look on, I was hooked. This site became a part of my everyday life. A way to keep track of a medium I loved so very much, a way to have fun and laugh along with the guys who had the ability to make you feel like you were part of the "bros" without actually meeting them and a way for me to procastinate excessively. Through mountains of quick looks, various endurance runs and a weekly bombcast, these guys managed to create an atmosphere of fun and enjoyment not found anywhere else and cause me time and time again go down in fits of laughter over flting trains and horse riding.

And unquestionably one of the main sources of laughter and fun has always been Ryan Davis. Though I never even met the man, he felt almost like a friend throughout years of watching him on this site. Through his cynical yet always witty and playfully mean remarks, he could always bring a smile to my face. he knew how to host a show perfectly, he always came off as genuinely likable, funny guy who didnt have to try much to create laughter around him. Even through his cynicism at times, you could see the heart and passion he had for the industry and the skills he had to make everybody around him feel like an old friend. So thank you, Ryan Davis, thank you for being the heart of this site, for always keeping the energy and humor high, for bringing a smile to peoples faces, for making the start and end of a day just a little bit more exciting and for not stopping shaking that god damn baby. My routine will never feel quite the same again. May the summer jam never end.

Fuck you, Ryan Davis and fuck Game Room

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.