Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Who else had a crazy Ryan Davis dream last night?

hi_im_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I dreamed the guys were looking at a new Kinect or vita game where you make a sketch of someone and then use your fingers to control the sketch like a puppet. Vinny and Ryan made one of themselves and make their doppelgangers kiss at the end :-(

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of funny to say since I didn't really know the guy in real life, but I actually kind of had trouble sleeping because of the news so I didn't really have any dreams that I can think of. I think my mind still thinks it's going to be some sort of weird joke in a way.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Didn't have a dream or anything I hardly actually ever do about anything really (at least that I can remember) but man did I have trouble sleeping. I just keep wanting to think this is some big weird joke or something. The concept of not ever being able to hear Jeff and Ryan podcast again still hasn't processed for me.

hi_im_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear what you guys are saying. I managed to get about 4 hours. Fortunately my brain comes up with the dumbest dreams when I'm super tired.

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had a dream where I was reading all the articles I could find about Ryan, but then I refreshed the page and it turns out out Drew died also. Glad when I woke up. Wish Ryan's death was just part of a dream too.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

While going to sleep i had brief i guess sort of daydream of them streaming the ride home. Still remember the boat streams the best ever.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Weird I totally did! I won't go into any specifics but Ryan and Jeff were involved. Not my first Giant Bomb dream, had one where I was playing Mario Bros 3. with the Bomb Crew.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I didn't. Slept like normal. Weird getting up this morning though, logging on to Giantbomb and seeing all the stuff again. Maybe if I turn on the light theme, the site won't seem so sad.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I had a dream that the Vault Hunters in Borderlands were replaced by the Powerpuff Girls. I kept reloading the save to try and get better loot from some special chest in a weird cave level, and then Ryan showed up dressed as Mojo Jojo, and then we killed him,

but that was Sunday night.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once had a dream where I moved to Japan to work with the Bomb Squad because that was where they were based (obviously right?) and I was an intern, except I actually got to appear on their videos and basically become part of the crew, like Kessler and others never did. Ryan was a prominent feature in that dream and he will forever remain a prominent feature in my memories.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Sergio

I didn't. But I did have insomnia and wound up with about 4 hours of sleep.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Mahonay

I did. I don't remember what it was about specifically, but just that Ryan was in it. Caused me to toss and turn. I didn't have a great night of sleep, but that was expected.

I think the only reason I was able to fall asleep quickly last night was that I was already on 3 hours of sleep due to a shift change at work.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yeah I couldn't get much sleep either

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Legion_

I listened to his last podcast as I feel asleep. Woke up in the morning, and honestly thought it was just a weird dream. Five minutes later, still laying in bed, I remembered it wasn't. I consider myself a hard man, but I've been crying like a baby since I found out.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I woke up thinking what happened was just a dream and got really excited that it may have not happened, but then I ran through my head all that I remembered and I knew it wasn't a dream.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Ryan dreams though he was in my thoughts as I drifted asleep. Actually, I had a funny dream last night that made me laugh out loud. I wish I could remember the dream, but I think it was because my brain needed some levity after a tough day and evening.

However, I had a dream about Ryan (and Drew) Sunday night. I was in Ryan's "apartment" and he was showing me his bedroom and the guest room adjacent to the bedroom. The only details I remember are that I got an incredibly kind sensation from him in the dream, and that his guest bed consisted of an uncovered mattress in an empty room. The next thing I recall is that I'm standing in a room somewhere that I knew wasn't Ryan's apartment and Drew is standing and staring at me like he sometimes does to a camera that's on him. He said absolutely nothing and I got a strong, unfriendly feeling from him towards me. I was scared of him. Then the dream ended.

Not my first Giant Bomb (or video game website staff) dream either! I've dreamt of them before, but also of the 1up Yours crew and Adam Sessler.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Yeah, I had a dream I told my friend that he passed away. I woke up and was hoping the whole thing was a dream but it wasn't. I didn't sleep very well last night, I woke up every so often just thinking about what happened and was just tossing and turning...

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can honestly say I had what could best be described as a fever-less fever dream centred entirely around this whole terrible scenario. Undoubtedly the most disturbing sleep I've had in years.

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Scratch

I did. Just vaguely recall seeing a tweet from @taswell on twitter saying something along the lines of "What's all this bullshit?".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.