Why Does This Guy Have A Page?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

He hasn't even been credited in any games!

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

Guitar Hero II

#3 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

Really? I seem to remember there being a debate early on if Ryan or other industry members should have a page, yet if he was credited in Guitar Hero, then that doesn't really line up.

#4 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

ya because he needs a [page to be listed in credits of the gh2 page.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Anybody in the special thanks for game credits gets a free pass.

#6 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Quotes?  People have added quotes?  Wow that is some psycho fan boys right there.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@sins_of_mosin said:

Quotes? People have added quotes? Wow that is some psycho fan boys right there.

Welcome to the world of the Giant Bomb staff-related wiki pages. Whoever authored them is probably on a watch list somewhere.

#8 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

So can i make a page for myself if i'm in the credits for Mechwarrior Online?

#9 Posted by MB (12430 posts) -

@Marz said:

If you want to be that guy, then yes.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@Marz said:

A lot of people have done the same. Hell, I've done it, though I've kept the page bare to a minimum beyond my credits on purpose because I don't want to turn it into some ridiculous vanity page.

#11 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

@Marz said:

Don't forget to add quotes!

#12 Posted by PandaBear (1376 posts) -

He helped found Giant Bomb. Cut the guy some slack.

#13 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1667 posts) -

Who's this chucklehead?

#14 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Why not?

#15 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

A lot of people have done the same. Hell, I've done it, though I've kept the page bare to a minimum beyond my credits on purpose because I don't want to turn it into some ridiculous vanity page.

I demand to know who you are.

#16 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

I have to warn you as someone that cares about you. Calling this page out may result in some crazed GB members coming down on you. If you need a place to hide, I know a guy.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

Hell, I'm not revealing that here. I've already had one psychotic internet stalker on these forums. I don't need to entice someone else with more bait.

Seriously, that stalker was an asshole.

#18 Posted by Turambar (6785 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

You and me both, haha.

#19 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

@SexyToad: Thank you so much for this :P

#20 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

alot of people would

#21 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Is it really that big of a deal?

#22 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Hailinel:

you could have worse people to have as an internet adversary than HD, at least he was flavourful and appreciated a bit of fun in his own dark and twisted way.

#23 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

@sins_of_mosin said:

It's just for fun, calm down.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@Hailinel:

you could have worse people to have as an internet adversary than HD, at least he was flavourful and appreciated a bit of fun in his own dark and twisted way.

No, the guy I'm thinking of was worse. A lot worse. Like, "send numerous harassing PMs and wall posts, and then make a stupid image macro with my face and plaster it all over the forums in a fit of account suicide" worse.

#25 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Mikemcn:

wow koh leifou is the main contributor to this page.... remember the fucking breakdown that motherfucker had

#26 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

You and me both, haha.

i found it, but i'm keepin' my text-based mouth shut~

#27 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1977 posts) -

What's sadder, the fact that the page exists or that people care enough to complain about it existing?

#28 Posted by heatDrive88 (2339 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

Do you not see the incredible amount of ludicrous and sad irony in this?

#29 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@heatDrive88 said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

Do you not see the incredible amount of ludicrous and sad irony in this?

No, because I'm credited in a couple of games and thus I fulfill the requirement to have a wiki page.

#30 Posted by heatDrive88 (2339 posts) -

@Hailinel: How can creating your own wiki page be anything but representing your self-described ridiculous vanity?

No, I've never worked on a video game before, and I have zero plans to, and I'm not going to be an asshole about this - I'm just going to be frank. If someone actually cared or even deemed your involvement about anything you ever worked on in a video game, and deemed it necessary to create a wiki page for you, they would have done it for you.

Otherwise, creating your own wiki page regardless of the fact that it "meets the requirements for creation"? Sorry duder, it's pretty lame and weaksauce.

#31 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@heatDrive88 said:

@Hailinel: How can creating your own wiki page be anything but representing your self-described ridiculous vanity?

No, I've never worked on a video game before, and I have zero plans to, and I'm not going to be an asshole about this - I'm just going to be frank. If someone actually cared or even deemed your involvement about anything you ever worked on in a video game, and deemed it necessary to create a wiki page for you, they would have done it for you.

Otherwise, creating your own wiki page regardless of the fact that it "meets the requirements for creation"? Sorry duder, it's pretty lame and weaksauce.

Except that this is an incomplete wiki with a lot of missing Person pages. The requirements simply state that in order to be given a page in the wiki, a person must be credited in at least one game. I am credited in two games. If it's such an affront to your sensibilities that I create my own page before someone else does it for me, that's your problem, not mine.

#32 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

@heatDrive88: There's nothing on his person page beyond what would be on any other person page. Just a short one-sentence blurb, the bare minimum that the system asks for. It's not a big fucking deal.

#33 Posted by heatDrive88 (2339 posts) -

@Hailinel: @LordAndrew: Alright then.

So I guess I'm the only person who thinks creating your own wiki page is really weird, let alone the denial that it has anything to do with your own vanity, regardless if it's "allowed".

#34 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@heatDrive88 said:

So I guess I'm the only person who thinks creating your own wiki page is really weird, let alone the denial that it has anything to do with your own vanity, regardless if it's "allowed".

If it had anything to do with vanity, I'd have done a lot more with it and would also be actively letting people know which page it is. Frankly, I don't really care that much about it. I just created it because it had a reason to be; nothing more, nothing less.

#35 Edited by Aegon (5645 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@sins_of_mosin said:

Welcome to the world of the Giant Bomb staff-related wiki pages. Whoever authored them is probably on a watch list somewhere.

I like that a bunch of his purposeful mispronunciations are listed there.

Also, reading all these quotes, I remember a bunch of them, but it's so annoying not being able to recall the quick looks or other video features that they're from.

"That water effect sucks something furious.""

I remember laughing at that, but I don't remember the game..*sigh*

#36 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@heatDrive88 said:

Nah, I totally see where you're coming from and I'm getting the same sorta cognitive dissonance vibe from it. Like it's not vain if you make a page dedicated to yourself, but it is if you actually fill that page out? That's just pure arbitrary nonsense right there.

Now, I certainly have nothing against people making their own pages. All the power to them and there's nothing wrong with a bit of vanity. People want to leave their mark on the world and that's great. I think playing it off as, "I am a robot. I did this because it is the logical thing to do. I am not vain. I am merely programmed to fill out TPS reports and submit them for approval. The fact that this TPS report is about me is purely coincidental," comes off as disingenuous. If that's truly the reason Hal did it, I feel kinda sorry for him; he should take more pride in himself and his accomplishments. Nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back for your contributions.

It's sad how much of a faux pas it is to be a bit vain when it comes to nerd culture. Like if you do, you're suddenly looked up as some Jersey Shore freak or something. Especially if you're a woman, but that's a rant for another time. Le sigh.

#37 Posted by dudeglove (7863 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Mr. Caffeine to be credited somewhere.

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7425 posts) -

HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

#39 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

@chrismafuchris: Tell it to John T. Drake, son.

@Irvandus: Is the guy you know named Bo? If not, I don't wish to hide in him.

This reminds me that Vinny's first real game credit validating his page was a 2009 iOS game. Yet he's also credited in Mass Effect 1 (and 2) now?? I musta missed the news on that. O_o

#40 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

Hell, I'm not revealing that here. I've already had one psychotic internet stalker on these forums. I don't need to entice someone else with more bait.

Seriously, that stalker was an asshole.

Soooo...you're Hideo Kojima?

#41 Posted by Humanity (9283 posts) -

Here I thought this thread would be a sort of funny, sarcastic sort of thing with funny pictures but oh no.. it's totally not that.

#42 Edited by NTM (7383 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Why not?

To be honest, the chick looks the most ridiculous. Certainly that weird smile at the end.

#43 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

@jakob187: Can't be. Hideo's body is 70% movies, and Hail's corporeal form is 2/3rds Fire Emblem and Metroid. The math doesn't work! :)

#44 Edited by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

@Brackynews said:

@jakob187: Can't be. Hideo's body is 70% movies, and Hail's corporeal form is 2/3rds Fire Emblem and Metroid. The math doesn't work! :)

Hrmm...so if we add in the weight of anime and then multiply it by the love of Soul Calibur IV....that means we get...

42?

That doesn't seem right. I'm going back to the drawing board.

#45 Posted by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

@jakob187: You forgot to carry the Toru.

#46 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

I can't believe this is actually a fucking thread.

#47 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

You like posting this picture.

I like that.

#48 Posted by Skyfire543 (691 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

He looks like a welder who happens to be a hummingbird enthusiast. Not all birds though, specifically hummingbirds.

#49 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@Turambar said:

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

You and me both, haha.

i found it, but i'm keepin' my text-based mouth shut~

Yeah, I did too. It was really easy, actually. Dude broke the number one rule of internet usage: keep user names distinct.

#50 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

I like the tone of the thread title. "This guy" as if Ryan is some completely unimportant person on this website (I think he's the Janitor or something...). Seriously dude, if this is your biggest problem right now, you must be doing very well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.