Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Sega's Yakuza series moves to the PlayStation 3 for its third installment, bringing all the comically brutal beat-em-up gameplay, Japanese RPG storytelling and various mini-games with it.

20 minute TGS video

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfc7e53edc72
    deactivated-5bfc7e53edc72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I love the cinematic presentation! The actual gameplay looks ok, I wonder how big of an area there is to explore, I doubt it's anywhere near GTA. Anyway, check this out:

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I had no idea what game this was at first(cuz of the name)..I'm really looking forward to Yakuza 3 coming out here..guessing there's still been no news on a US release date.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

I agree, the cinematic presentation is looking really good from this trailer. I haven't played the first two games, though, so this will be a long while off until I play this. Looking very interesting for sure.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

Looks good. I enjoyed the first game and this looks to be just an HD upgrade for better or worse. I am actually more interested in the other Yakuza game; the one taking place during the Samurai era.

Inazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Inazuma

Looks freakin cool

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Inazuma said:
    "Looks freakin cool"
    You aint tom! you lie!
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By oraknabo

Can you actually run your own hostess club in this one? It looks like you can hire girls and give them makeovers.
    Playable golf course seems interesting too.

shiroren8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shiroren8

you can run your own hostest club in yakuza 2, i just beat that a few weeks ago and didnt find out that you actually own and run one of your own until i was close to the end and checked out a faq. now i am going to go back through it again and try to do all the side stuff like that i missed. both yakuza's so far i've played are really good underrated titles that i highly recommend people picking up if you can find them on the cheap. the third one if it has any kind of subtitles i'm gonna just import it i dont think i can wait for sega to decided to bring it out over here if they even do.

CallMeRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CallMeRotten

I still haven't finished the first game, I imported it a while back and thought I'd be able to wing it through the japanese text..mm..nope. I just hope if they do bring it to the states they will add subtitles rather than dub it again. You can't have a Yakuza game in english, it's just not the same.

3 is looking pretty awesome, seems to have a lot of things to do on the side. I couldn't help but hear "how bout a game of lucky hit?" in one of the clips though hah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.