Yakuza 5's Crazy Idol Battle System

#1 Posted by mtcantor (922 posts) -

From Destructoid:

"Sega has revealed that Haruka has her own battle system where she'll go up against other rivals in a rhythm action game. Andriasang says that she'll work to build up a gauge while shaking her thang in five music genres: hip hop, idol, rock, jazz and house. Once this gauge is full she'll be able to bust out Dance Heat moves, which have parallels to the Heat moves of the standard Yakuza battle system.

At the end, if spectators decide that she was victorious in the dance off, her expression power will rise, giving her more power as an idol in the Princess League idol tournament."

http://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-5-haruka-s-dance-off-battle-system-233582.phtml

I can't actually express how happy this makes me.

#2 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I was just browsing the Japanese site when I came across this too. Looks like fun.

#3 Posted by mtcantor (922 posts) -

Glad to see they are really varying up the gameplay. Everything I read about Yakuza 5 just sounds great.

Especially if they really are fixing the load times.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (20564 posts) -
#5 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

HAHAHA I was going to make a joke about a battle system that involved Japanese idol singers instead of symbolistic crafted figures and it turns out that's actually what they're doing.

#6 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

So Haruka isn't going to be judo flipping and beating massive yakuza dudes with mopeds and traffic cones? 
This is just in addition to her regular battles. Right?

Guys?

#7 Posted by LoktarOgar (319 posts) -

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZURNR3uuHGA

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

Define "thang".

#9 Edited by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

I wish I didn't know this, I find Yakuza is best when it's constantly surprising me with things I have zero cultural context for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.