Ascaron Closes Doors, Expansion Up In Air for U.S.

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

As someone who recently just discovered the Sacred franchise, I felt sad to read this article from last week stating that Ascaron Entertainment, the guys behind the Sacred franchise, has shut its doors due to bankruptcy.  Apparently, there was an expansion pack called Ice & Blood in the works, which still has a handful of devs working on it.  Deep Silver will be publishing the expansion in Germany, but there are currently no plans for a release in the U.S. 

#2 Posted by Pazy (2587 posts) -

That sucks because Sacred and Sacred 2 were great games deserving of a lot more praise than they got. And they along with Diablo are the last stalwarts of that style of game and personally I prefared Sacred since it was a lot brighter and visually varied.

When the expansion comes out in Germany, assuming I cant get it in the UK, I'll probably import it and hope for an english option.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Hey Jakob what console do you play it on? or are you playing it on the PC?

I want a boyfriend to play with : O

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

I'm on 360, sucka!!! 

I haven't played the game a lot recently, as I've got a lot of multiplayer obligations to fill at the moment.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.