Epic Wait

Posted by risseless (477 posts) -
Sacred 2
Well, I played the Sacred 2 demo on the PC while waiting for Fallout 3 to come out, and it was as good as I had hoped. My video card is starting to show its age however, so the end of my PC gaming days are apparently at hand. After dropping some serious change on a new LCD TV, and after a massive amount of time exploring the Capital Wasteland on it, I can't see going back to PC gaming, even on my 25" monitor. The only problem, other than games potentially not even coming out for the XBox -- I'm looking at you, Diablo III -- is the wait. Sacred 2 has been out for a month on the PC, but isn't slated until February for XBox. Now what am I supposed to do? Granted, this isn't as bad as the week leading up to Fallout 3 in which I was ready to sacrifice puppies if it would get me the game sooner -- I mean, how many more times could I watch the Big 5 gameplay demos? -- but, being rather picky in my games, I have nothing else to play in the interim. After all the wasteland wandering, I need some good hack and slash!
#1 Posted by risseless (477 posts) -
Sacred 2
Well, I played the Sacred 2 demo on the PC while waiting for Fallout 3 to come out, and it was as good as I had hoped. My video card is starting to show its age however, so the end of my PC gaming days are apparently at hand. After dropping some serious change on a new LCD TV, and after a massive amount of time exploring the Capital Wasteland on it, I can't see going back to PC gaming, even on my 25" monitor. The only problem, other than games potentially not even coming out for the XBox -- I'm looking at you, Diablo III -- is the wait. Sacred 2 has been out for a month on the PC, but isn't slated until February for XBox. Now what am I supposed to do? Granted, this isn't as bad as the week leading up to Fallout 3 in which I was ready to sacrifice puppies if it would get me the game sooner -- I mean, how many more times could I watch the Big 5 gameplay demos? -- but, being rather picky in my games, I have nothing else to play in the interim. After all the wasteland wandering, I need some good hack and slash!
#2 Posted by Toothsaw (55 posts) -

Well.
First of all you should consider if you'd like to play with low settings. I don't suggest you to spend money on a hardware revamp of your PC, since Diablo III won't come out before 2010 and what you buy today for a PC will be quite crap in 2010.
The other thing you should keep in mind is that Sacred 2 on the consoles is quite a different experience from the PC version; you know, the pad instead of the mouse and keyboard... I feel it can be more actiony (?), even though it's still hack 'n' slash, whatever platform you play it on.
Lastly, the price: Sacred 2 on the PC is just 30 bucks (at least, I suppose so. It's € 29.90 in Europe), while the console version will hit the streets at full price. And the Release date on Giant Bomb has been changed to late March. Auch!
I hope it's still due on 20th Feb in Europe =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.