How do you manage your combat arts?

#1 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -

I was playing Sacred 2 a bit over the weekend. I entered a dungeon and noticed a tip on the loading screen that told me I should not try to learn all the combat arts. I have already learned all of them. Will this cause me a problem? Will they somehow be less effective since I have learned them all, or does the tip just mean that I should focus on leveling only a few of them? I knew that on my 360 version, I didn't have enough slots to slot them all, but I assumed I was supposed to make combos to get them all in there. How do you manage your combat arts? What strategies are you using?

#2 Posted by Jerusahat (139 posts) -

It probably meant you should focus. 

The biggest problem with levelling arts is each level generally increases the regeneration time by quite a bit. Slotting runes into armour halves that penalty, so a lot of people recommend only levelling an art once, and making up the difference with skill-boosting equipment. 

I'm not a fan of min-maxing personally, so I've levelled my go-to skills a few times; but I've been experimenting with concentration, stamina and armour-slotting too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.