Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is a prequel to Sacred, taking place 2,000 years before the events in the first game. It has a new graphics engine, which is able to render in 3D but keeps the original game's isometric perspective.

Unsure if I should keep this game or not

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By mordecaix7

I'm not sure whether I should keep plodding through this game or not.  It seems to be kinda fun, collecting the new weapons and stuff but I have a few complaints:

• Compare function to what I have equipped doesn't seem possible
    • Cannot pause (i am interrupted frequently during my free time)
    • Cannot play on SD TV (text is way too small, had to resort to my 19in. computer monitor)
    • Combat arts and other aspects of the game are very confusing and I've failed to make many combat arts work at all
    • Um...how does the encumbrance system work?
    • Can't stand the camera view

I've got five days to decide if I want to keep it or get my money back in full.  Sifting through loot scratches a big itch I have in any game I play but when I'm not doing that I'm not terribly sure I'm really enjoying what I'm doing (especially that stupid no-pause thing)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, but I'm going to keep mine as it's for PS3 and I want a big PS3 collection some day.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Did you happen to read the instruction manual with the game?  It explains a lot, including some of the details about Combat Arts.  I would also suggest looking around online for some helpful hints on that. 

Other than that, I'm keeping my copy because it's pretty fucking sweet.  Unfortunately, Ascaron has shut their doors, so Lord knows how much support the game will get for updates or anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@jakob187 said:
    " Did you happen to read the instruction manual with the game?  It explains a lot, including some of the details about Combat Arts.  I would also suggest looking around online for some helpful hints on that.  Other than that, I'm keeping my copy because it's pretty fucking sweet.  Unfortunately, Ascaron has shut their doors, so Lord knows how much support the game will get for updates or anything. "
    Arn't they releasing some kind of new expansion?
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By mordecaix7
    @jakob187 said:

" Did you happen to read the instruction manual with the game?  It explains a lot, including some of the details about Combat Arts.  I would also suggest looking around online for some helpful hints on that.  Other than that, I'm keeping my copy because it's pretty fucking sweet.  Unfortunately, Ascaron has shut their doors, so Lord knows how much support the game will get for updates or anything. "

Yeah i've read it.  One particular example of not getting a combat art to work is the Inquisitor.  one of the combat arts is supposed to raise corpses from the dead to protect me or something like that but I use the buff and nothing ever happens.

*EDIT*
    Returned it during my lunch break today.  Picked up Muramasa: The Demon Blade instead. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.