Blind?

#1 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I notied before that while his right eye is patched, his left eye seems to be glazed over. Does this mean he's blind or is it just a stylistic thing to make him look more menacing?

#2 Posted by VinylSlash (53 posts) -

I'm almost entirely certain that it's just a style thing. I think that if he was blind, it would be referred to in the games.

#3 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Bisons eyes are also glazed white over, i'd say it was a stylistic 'powerful bad guy' thing rather than blindness

Although thinking about it a game in which you fought as blind guys (not just the guy from mortal kombat) would rule!! when the round began it would be a black screen, both participants flail madly, then when one is defeated, the black screen is lifted and you get to see who won!
#4 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Well, if they wanted to make it really cool, they'd use audio cues to clue people into who has the momentum and who's on the verge of eating it.
#5 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
@Suicrat said:
" @OmegaPirate: Well, if they wanted to make it really cool, they'd use audio cues to clue people into who has the momentum and who's on the verge of eating it. "
Touche - maybe natal could also incorporate this in an awesome way - with YOU doing the flailing :D
#6 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Okay, now we have a video game.

Time to raise some venture capital!
#7 Posted by Atlas (2436 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
"Although thinking about it a game in which you fought as blind guys (not just the guy from mortal kombat) would rule!! when the round began it would be a black screen, both participants flail madly, then when one is defeated, the black screen is lifted and you get to see who won!"

That is, without a shadow of a doubt, the single worst idea for a video game I have ever heard, and I sincerely hope that you weren't being serious when you said it.
#8 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
@Atlas said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
"Although thinking about it a game in which you fought as blind guys (not just the guy from mortal kombat) would rule!! when the round began it would be a black screen, both participants flail madly, then when one is defeated, the black screen is lifted and you get to see who won!"
That is, without a shadow of a doubt, the single worst idea for a video game I have ever heard, and I sincerely hope that you weren't being serious when you said it. "
Would you kindly stop crushing my dreams?
#9 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

I know, right?

#10 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
"Although thinking about it a game in which you fought as blind guys"
Whenever a guy jumped, dashed, or did a move, it could do a quick flash of light around the source of the sound so you kind of knew where each other were. When you hit a guy, the light could have a bigger radius and reveal more. It'd be like playing with a weird strobe light. I'd totally play that: blind fighting game based on echo-location.
#11 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Just don't trinket blind, or you will be sapped and then be stuck in a stunlock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.