Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row 2

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

The clone that surpassed the original returns with the even more over-the-top sequel to Volition's popular open-world mayhem generator, Saints Row.

Saints row 2

braydee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By braydee89

Hey guys. I'm on a rental scheme called love film where I can rent games for as long as I want them for. I currently have Saints row 2 rented and have done for close to a month. Around 3% into the game a random player dropped in and had cheats enabled, which I didn't realise at the time. As a result I've not had any of the achievements I should have had, and got 25% in. I just, don't feel the urge to go back any more. I suppose the question I'm asking is, has this happened to anyone else? and if so did you go back to it?  also:

Is it good enough to warrant me taking time off Far Cry  2 and Left 4 Dead?

Thanks a lot.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I had my achievements blocked about halfway through thanks to me tinkering and playing with some of the cheats, but I enjoyed the game enough that I know I'll eventually go back through without cheating.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Aas

The games doesn't really offer that many achievements anyway. But it's some stupid fun, enjoy it for that characteristic.

braydee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By braydee89

What I mean is, when I saw that the cheats had caused the achievements to switch off, I restarted. It kind of knocked the wind out of the sails a bit. Which is why I haven't really bothered playing it again.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aas

Oh, I see. I guess then it's really up to you, but if you were only 3% in it doesn't sound like it would take you that long to get back to the point you were at. It's pretty fun.

braydee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By braydee89

lol, i got 27% in. I've reverted to a save point at 3%

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Wow, that sucks. I'll have to be sure not to play with anyone online until after I get all the achievements I can.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aas

Man, I need to start reading posts more carefully.

Avatar image for perrytheusnavysailor
    perrytheusnavysailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bah.... achievements aren't even that big of a deal anyway.... but yeah once you've activated a cheat on SR2 and saved it you can no longer get them unless your on a whole new game with no cheats enabled

NPBADGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NPBADGER

This game is sweet...tons of achievements and unlockables.  I have completed about 60% of the single player game, and still only have like 5 of 60 achievements...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.