Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 20, 2015

When The Boss is captured by Satan, it's up to Third Street Saints lieutenants Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington to cause as much chaos as possible in Hell to rescue them.

Gat Out of Hell FAQ.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

What is Saints Row: Gat out of Hell?

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is a small standalone expansion that lets you play as Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington on a quest to save the Boss' soul from Hell itself. Since it is standalone, you will not need Saints Row IV to play it. Gat out of Hell will be available for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.

How much content is in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell?

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is about 6-8 hours of gameplay.

What is Saints Row IV: Re-Elected?

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is the upcoming new-gen console release of Saints Row IV for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One that brings the visuals closer in line to the PC version. Re-Elected also takes advantage of some of the inherent features of each console like Vita remote play, streaming/recording, and voice commands. Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is not coming out on PC.

Will Saints Row: Re-Elected contain all the DLC from Saints Row IV?

Yes! All previously released Saints Row IV DLC is included!

Will I be able to customize Gat and Kinzie in Gat out of Hell?

There is no customization for Gat or Kinzie in Gat out of Hell, but there are upgrades for weapons, player abilities, and powers.

Will I be able to play as my own boss?

You will not be able to play as the boss, but you will be able to import your Saints Row IV save so that your personal character will appear in the cutscenes. Gat out of Hell will automatically load the boss from your local save that has the most current date/time. Please note that the Saints Row IV save file must be on the same platform for this to work.

How does playing as Kinzie work? Will I have to choose her before starting the story?

You will be able to freely switch back and forth between Kinzie and Gat in the Ultor lobby while in-game in single player. In coop, one player plays as Gat, and the other as Kinzie.

Kinzie can fly too, right? RIGHT?!

Of course! Both Gat and Kinzie share the same powers and upgrades. You will not need to level up each character individually.

Are we going back to Steelport AGAIN?

Nope! New Hades is a brand new city that was built from the ground up and designed to take advantage of the new flight mechanic. The new city is about half the size of Steelport.

When I beat Gat out of Hell, can I still free roam in the open world?

Yes! You will be back in the open world after the story ends and can then go back and complete anything you may have missed on the way (or just mess around to your heart’s content)!

Will I be able to use any of my new items or abilities from Gat out of Hell in Saints Row IV?

All of the items and abilities that you gain in Gat out of Hell are only usable in that particular story, and not in Saints Row IV.

Will Deep Silver Volition be supporting PC modding for Gat out of Hell?

Absolutely! With Saints Row IV SDK Release A, we have already given FBX source files for the Damned Impaler shotgun/crossbow from Gat out of Hell to the modding community! We also plan on releasing more Gat out of Hell preview assets with the upcoming SDK releases! Check outhttp://saintsrowmods.com for future announcements and tools!

What is the release date for Saints Row: Gat out of Hell and Saints Row IV: Re-Elected?

Both Saints Row: Gat out of Hell and Saints Row IV: Re-Elected release in the Americas on January 20, 2015 and in Europe on January 23, 2015.

Gat out of Hell will be available on PC/Steam, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 both at retail and as download versions, and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only as download versions, for $19.99. The digital release is on the same date as the retail release date.

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected will be bundled with Gat out of Hell at retail for $49.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected will also be available for download on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on release day. If you prefer downloads over discs, you can choose whether you want Re-Elected, Gat out of Hell, or a digital bundle that includes both; they will all be available for download!

Are there any pre-order bonuses for Gat out of Hell?

Pre-ordering Gat out of Hell will get you the “Devil’s Workshop Pack” which includes the Shakespeare's Skull weapon and a Saints Wings skin for Gat that makes his wings glow purple instead of red. You will be able to freely change the wings’ red/purple look back and forth while in-game.

What about pre-order bonuses for Saints Row IV: Re-Elected?

Pre-ordering Saints Row IV: Re-Elected for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gets you the Gat out of Hell-themed “Plague of Frogs Pack” for use in Saints Row IV, which includes the Jezebel outfit, Demon outfit, and Lil' Croaker weapon.

What if I pre-order the Re-Elected/Gat out of Hell bundle?

If you pre-order the bundle at retail, you get both of the pre-order bonuses -- The Devil’s Workshop Pack and the Plague of Frogs Pack -- for Saints Row: Re-Elected and Gat out of Hell.

Will the Re-Elected pre-order DLC content make its way to Xbox 360, PS3, or PC?

The Plague of Frogs Pack will not be available on Xbox 360, PS3, or PC. However, you will still be able to use the Lil' Croaker weapon in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell as part of the base game on all platforms!

Can I also pre-order the downloadable versions on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store, and do I get the same pre-order bonuses?

At the moment we are trying to make this possible. If it will be available for digital pre-order on consoles, then you will receive the same pre-order bonuses as the physical retail versions provide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figured it's worth posting for those interested in getting the basic lowdown. Great to hear that you can seemingly switch between Gat and Kinzie at will, as I had read a few comments theorising that Kinzie was to be delegated to a secondary coop character role. Though when they say there'll be no customisation I assume they mean facially? Because I wanna say I've seen Gat wearing different outfits... Though I wonder if they're pre-determined outfits and you're not allowed to mix & match... Or I'm misremembering things and there really is no cosmetic customisation whatsoever, to which I say THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

EDIT: Oh, link to source.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Does Jeff know you can play as Kinzie? He seemed to only mention playing as Gat was unappealing to him.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This seems like a good place to mention that Saint's Row IV (PC) is in the latest Humble Bundle for $12.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mustainium

Kind of wish the remaster was releasing separately, as I'm not quite sold on the expansion yet. The lack of customization is a real downer.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#5 sgtsphynx  Moderator

This reminds me that I need to run SRIV on my new pc, played it on my laptop and it kinda struggled there. Anyway, playing as Kinzie sounds cool

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm done with the superpower thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.