Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Crazy gun bug! Anyone else have this?

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey bombers, so I have this really weird gun in my inventory and I have no idea why..it just appeared there...its called Mounted .50 cal and it makes lasers shoot from my wrists. I uploaded the vid to YouTube so you could see what I mean.

Playing on PC I'm experiencing A LOT of weird glitches like this. I have like 4 machine guns that look the same but have different descriptions and two baseball bats, one doesn't have a description at all and when I try to select it the 3d model is nearly floating off the edge of the screen. I have never tampered or used any cheats with this game. Weird.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Strife777

Yeah me too. I just got in, and I'm missing guns and I also have duplicates. For some reason I have weapons that should be on vehicles like a mounted minigun, and when I equip it just like in the video it does that laser thing, which seems like it's suppose to be something, but it's kinda "glitchy".

The game patched before I got in, so that might be it, not sure. (I'm on PC.)

Edit: Ok it's even worst then I thought, I tried going in the gun shop, and I the menus were just as messed up. I tried going to upgrade a gun, but the menu had no option to choose from and I couldn't quit out of it. Had to alt+tab and close the game.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've heard, if you've saved with this bug/ since the patch, you can look forward to a corrupted save. I heard about this too late and am now dreading the fix that will apparently kill my progress.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yeah, they're working on a hotfix for this, but based on their track record chances are you're going to end up with a corrupted save when that update hits.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game sounds broken as shit with glitches and lost saves, way to go video game developers, way to go.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game sounds broken as shit with glitches and lost saves, way to go video game developers, way to go.

I've experienced zero problems with my own PC version of the game. This patch has been the exception which is why I'm not going to play it at the moment.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Thats real weird. Im on PS3 and experienced a few weird things but mostly just been freezes.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: It's a PC only thing at the moment because consoles don't pull down updates as quickly as Steam does.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have only had one bug and hard lock on the PS3 version. The bug occurred when a Murderbot would not take damage after dumping round-after-round into his exo-skeleton. Normally this is not a huge issue, but in this particular mission it was required to progress. Luckily, I determined that using the Stomp ability would do damage. 5 minutes later I got to see "Rowdy" Roddy Pipper!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah that's the laser of one of the later enemies in the game. They're a pain in the ass. I say you take advantage of having this uber murder laser and go fuck shit up with it.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

One of the guns is like a more accurate version of the laser arm gun, and whenever you're shooting at something a large green target reticle pops up as if you were a Terminator.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jouseldelka said:

I've experienced zero problems with my own PC version of the game. This patch has been the exception which is why I'm not going to play it at the moment.

Same. Hung once when I alt-tabbed but that's it. Luckily I had saved recently.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, I was wondering why I had a .50Cal and two other duplicate weapons when I looked in the weapons locker thing. That's an odd glitch.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably save-corrupting, huh? I finished collecting the last 300 things tonight before noticing this...

At least I got the achievements, but it will be a while before I repeat the last four hours since my last hard save.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this problem fixed yet?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.