Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Does the PS3 version have the same problems as the 360?

jimmcgowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmcgowan

Not sure which platform I should buy this on. My PC isn't up to the task, but I there are a lot of reports here and on the bombcast about the 360 version having pretty bad framerate issues. However, I haven't heard anything about the PS3 version. Anyone here playing it on PS3? How does it hold up?

Jim

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By InternetDotCom

It is mostly fine. Not like PC great obviously. But the only time the frame rate got really bad for me was on one of the hectic side-missions involving using an alien ship.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The framerate is mostly okay. The reason I ditched that version was the screen tearing. I CAN NOT handle screen tearing in games anymore.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Some people have had a much better time with the ps3 version than me. My experience with it was pretty miserable with the poorest framerate, 95% of the cutscene audio out of sync and 32 lock ups. At one point it froze 5 or 6 times in 15 mins. If there's a broken mission or a bug written about the game online Iprobably encountered it.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Vanek
    jimmcgowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vanek: thanks for the eurogamer link, pretty in depth stuff!

Think I'll prob end up going with the 360 version.

Thanks all.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I read somewhere that the 360 version is much better if you install it. Maybe try that.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finishing up SR3 on the PS3 now (thanks PS+) and once I'm done with GTAV I'd imagine I'll give SR4 a rip on the PS3 as well once it's cheap for continuity's sake.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.