Fellow lovely British people

#1 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1025 posts) -

We've all been subjected to a bullshit trans Atlantic delay before we're able to sample the latest Saints saga..... but the the good news is that the are only 18hours 18minutes left until we can play!

So I SAY!

BREW A TEA
P P P PICK UP A PENGUIN
BUTTER YOUR CRUMPETS
And get ready for the greatest ride on earth!

#2 Edited by believer258 (11820 posts) -

A weird curiosity - Have localization teams ever forgotten to add the U's to your games? Or messed up other things that differentiate my side of the pond from yours? Just a weird question that came to mind while reading this.

#3 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1025 posts) -

@believer258: I never really pay attention but thinking about it the language options are almost always English (United States) so I'll just guess they go with the American spellings because devs enjoy being wrong or something XD

I tell you what bud, when I boot up SR 4 I will keep an eye out for you! (though I'll probably forget)

#4 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -
@believer258 said:

A weird curiosity - Have localization teams ever forgotten to add the U's to your games? Or messed up other things that differentiate my side of the pond from yours? Just a weird question that came to mind while reading this.

All the fucking time. Even British developers tend towards American localisation, because it's a bigger market for them.

On-topic: Haha, fuck my fellow Europeans. I'm in Canada right now and I've already gotten half a day out of it. Would kill for some proper fucking tea though, so you've got that on me. :(

#5 Edited by MachoFantastico (4651 posts) -

No effing aliens are going to take away my ability to brew a good cup of tea... nor my freedom.

Freedom to drink tea because freedom is the ability to drink tea. Saints Row 4 should be fun.

#6 Posted by Patman99 (1580 posts) -

Speaking as a Canadian, American made games rarely have the added U's. All our games always have a (generally terrible) French translation on them but rarely a proper English fix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.