Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

I just... I can't love this game enough.

• 101 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So.... I can't be more excited about this game....

Highlighted Spoilers are for everything up until after you rescue Johnny Gat (which isn't a goddamn spoiler)

Just my god you guys.... from the excellent Mad Decent radio station to the Metal Gear Solid ode in Asha's mission to a fucking side scrolling beat em' up in Gat's mission. I just... I can't love this game any more its physically impossible. It is a slight bummer that the game does have a few technical hiccups. I've already had one hard lock during the Shaundi....er Shaundis mission which was another fantastic moment. I already bought the season pass. Also my favorite activity in the game by far is super powered insurance fraud. Rag dolling around the city racking up points for ping-ponging off of cars is so great.

I'm enjoying this so much that man....it really struck me today I'm also just super pissed and super bummed out that Ryan didn't get to play this. This is a game I would be chomping at the bit to hear him talk about. Really, the only downsides to this game so far for me are the technical hiccups which are a shame. Also, some of the activities gold medals are actually challenging for once! So great. Also now thanks to Mad Decent I have these songs stuck in my head:

Anyways..... I'm going to bed cause its goddamn 3am and I have to be up at 9 am. Needless to say I'll prob write an actual blog or review or something with more granular detail at some point when I'm not delirious from needing sleep.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gaminghooligan

Yeah it's pretty great. You managed to highlight my favorite songs on the soundtrack, also it has Pressure Drop! The Gat Rescue mission was incredible and making my way around the city at super speeds is incredible. I spent an hour last night just running around with Mad Decent on collecting the power ups. Also I have had sex with every member of the crew except Keith David, before returning to the simulation where I throw cars dressed in samurai armor and a gas mask. It really is everything I wanted in a follow up to SR3 and like you said it really makes me sad that I'll never get to hear Ryan weigh in on this one.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Iodine

I love every single thing about this game

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musubi

@gaminghooligan: The Sex conversation with Asha is the best.

Asha: "What are you looking for?"

Boss: "I'm looking for rough sex and Kinzie scares the shit out of me."

Asha: " I stay on top and you don't get to talk."

Boss: "Deal!"

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Shakezula84

This game is everything I would want and expect from a Saints Row sequel. They really had no where else to go. Its said that its the last in this series, but that makes it even better with what they are allowed to do.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

I'm glad the public is into this game. Problem with giving a game to press too early is that they'll sit there and start nitpicking by the time it finally hits stores. Like they forgot how awesome it was.

*spends a half hour complaining about tiny things* "But I loved my time with it!"

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I really am loving the variety. It seems like a new gameplay concept is thrown at me like every 15 minutes so it's really hard to get bored playing it, and I keep looking forward to whatever comes next.

DarthCaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarthCaine

It's more or less an expansion pack to SR3, but it's FUN, and that's mostly what matters.

I can't wait to play this coop with my cousin ( after we go bowling :D )

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By jiggajoe14

My mixtape consists of "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" & "What is Love?". I've had those songs on repeat for several hours & it is wonderful lol.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've only played about 2 hours so far. But fuck, man. FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK THIS GAME IS SO GOOD

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

God, the Asha mission was incredible! Just the first guard, in the dumbest possible voice, loudly yelling "DID IT JUST GET DARKER?!" the second you shoot the light is hilarious to me.

And the mission where you save Johnny Gat is fantastic as well. Saints of Rage!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaLe

I'm currently at 77% completion and so far I feel Jeff's 4 stars is a little too generous... I might have burned myself out by doing the side-quests too early, I dunno. I like the powers and stuff, but overall it just feels like I'm going through the motions and occasionally getting some funny content to keep me from losing interest. Maybe it picks up in the last few hours, we'll see.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 6 hours in so far, and it's been a breezy blast so far.

Loved pretty much every minute of it so far.

(although I did get one where it totally went to a grey screen and hung up the PC)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relevant:

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: That should be the official commercial.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Relevant:

Loading Video...

I do this every time I start the game because that song is the first on the mixtape. I'm happy someone recorded it.

22 hours in, nearing the end, and I am so ready to restart after I beat it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By TheHT

It really is shocking how much this game is making me love it. And I was ready to wait until it got cheaper after seeing the Quick Look. 20 hours in and still having a blast.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ThePickle

I am so in love with everything about this game it's crazy. Been playing on the 360 and haven't had any issues to speak of, technical or otherwise.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

But is it better than Brothers?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem I have with this game is the hacking minigame is stupid and awful.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose: Eh, I wouldn't say awful but it does get a bit repetitive.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It only seems to interrupt the flow of the game and does not fit in with the rest of the tone the game carries.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Iodine

@artelinarose said:

@demoskinos said:

It only seems to interrupt the flow of the game and does not fit in with the rest of the tone the game carries.

So far, only one of them has even been challenging (number 21), so it's not like it even makes you think, it's really dumb, and not the good dumb

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: oh man that one is so great.

I also love the Ben King one where you get an autograph!

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's really the most fun I've had with a game all year.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By MildMolasses

@cale said:

I'm currently at 77% completion and so far I feel Jeff's 4 stars is a little too generous... I might have burned myself out by doing the side-quests too early, I dunno. I like the powers and stuff, but overall it just feels like I'm going through the motions and occasionally getting some funny content to keep me from losing interest. Maybe it picks up in the last few hours, we'll see.

I think you played the game poorly like I did. I had all the side stuff done, and was at level 52 well before the ending. The game does drag a lot by doing that, but it does make the actual missions stand out more.

Still, it was a terrible decision to play that way. I just hated seeing that my quest-log constantly had 9 missions in it

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

I think you played the game poorly like I did. I had all the side stuff done, and was at level 52 well before the ending. The game does drag a lot by doing that, but it does make the actual missions stand out more.

Still, it was a terrible decision to play that way. I just hated seeing that my quest-log constantly had 9 missions in it

I would clear out my side missions before progressing with the story, I hit max level somewhere around The Kinzie Gambit, cleaned up all of the collectibles before the final mission, but it seems I had an entirely different experience to you guys. I found that the activities were generally really short so I'd bang through a character's side missions and then have a big chunk of story content from a loyalty mission followed by a main campaign mission, which seems like a good ratio of repeatable missions to bespoke content.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Milkman

After you beat all of Keith David's side missions, you unlock a Rowdy Roddy Piper outfit. This game...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I almost made the mistake of burning myself out on the side quests. Eventually I just decided to play through the rest of the story missions instead of worrying about doing every little thing the side quests wanted me to do and I had a great time.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

You know.... just chilling with the Genki Girls after slicing some people into ribbons with my energy sword. No biggie.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

After you beat all of Keith David's side missions, you unlock a Rowdy Roddy Piper outfit. This game...

Just uh....just wait. It gets even weirder as the story progresses.

I also want to say the after-credits cutscene is short but just so hilarious.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Iodine

The Mad Decent station is stuck in my head. This is the happiest moment of my life

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By MikkaQ

I made a Mad Decent Radio playlist and it's basically the only thing I've been bumping this week.

prezabelincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had that moment when I was dressed as Goku, gliding through the air while aerosmith played in the background.

Priceless.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikkaq said:

I made a Mad Decent Radio playlist and it's basically the only thing I've been bumping this week.

I tried to make one on spotify, but I couldn't find a good chunk of the tracks, and my laptop (which is where I have all of my music because..... reasons) is broken

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just.....saw Kieth David fighting with Roddy Piper and then unlocked him as a homie. I want to cry so many tears of joy. This game man.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iodine said:

@mikkaq said:

I tried to make one on spotify, but I couldn't find a good chunk of the tracks, and my laptop (which is where I have all of my music because..... reasons) is broken

Here's a link to the Mad Decent radio on SoundCloud.

Avatar image for wickedsickdanceattack
    WickedSickDanceAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opposites Attract. Nuff said.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm loving the game so far and playing through it in co-op with a friend has been amazing.

Only thing I hate are the radio stations, I was hoping for a good hip-hop station but it's shit with the exception of Killer Mike and Atmosphere and it isn't even close to their best songs.. the only good one is the Mix which I'll play from time to time.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many amazing moments, but for me nothing will beat the images in the credits. That would be an amazing game. Also, the reveal of the narrator was awesome.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i want to play this damn game......Still haven't beat the third, kinda putting it off till i have money to buy this one lol

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raethen said:

So many amazing moments, but for me nothing will beat the images in the credits. That would be an amazing game. Also, the reveal of the narrator was awesome.

YESSSSS.

If that aspect of the ending is some sort of hint for Saints Row V, I'm all in.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@raethen said:

YESSSSS.

Man if saints row 5 involves time travel that would be the best thing.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Raethen

@hidys said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@raethen said:

YESSSSS.

Man if saints row 5 involves time travel that would be the best thing.

Fuck yeah! Exploring the galaxy and traveling through time with motherfucking Jane Austen (and possibly other figures who have gone missing through the ages).

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

@iodine said:

@mikkaq said:

Here's a link to the Mad Decent radio on SoundCloud.

You are my favorite person ever

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, the Asha mission was incredible! Just the first guard, in the dumbest possible voice, loudly yelling "DID IT JUST GET DARKER?!" the second you shoot the light is hilarious to me.

And the mission where you save Johnny Gat is fantastic as well. Saints of Rage!

Also in that one I purposely walked into the laser grid and she yells boss?! boss?! BOOOOSSSSSSSSS?! just like they yell Snaaaaaake in Metal Gear. so great

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just beat it. Dude. What. Jane Austen? I what? And time travel? Motherfucker. Saints V needs to happen more than anything in the fucking world now. KEEP PUMPING UP THE STUPID.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ares42

This is the first game in a long, looong time where I finished it and wasn't just happy it was over. I even finished with 97% clearance and was still pumped. It was just 20 hours of extravagant fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.