SAINTS ROW IV TRAILER

• 122 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Gametrailers link

Sorry, I think this deserves all caps 'cause IT'S SAINTS ROW IV. Release date: August 20th, 2013.

Super powers and more craziness. Seems like they'll be going more in the Saints Row: The Third direction a lot of people enjoyed than maybe some of the more serious stuff that was in the past games. Also seems that it still takes place in Steelport.

Full press release via Kotaku:

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Save the world, Saints Style.

Details from Polygon:

According to the official Facebook page for the title, the head of the Saints has been elected President of the United States, leading the charge against an alien force in a struggle to save humanity. Players will "wield gargantuan superpowers" and have an "arsenal of alien weaponry and technology" at their disposal, as well as the ability to leap buildings, outrun enemies and use telekinesis.

The page also refers to the developer as "Deep Silver Volition."

#2 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

I'm a little scared how quick this is, okay a lot of scared..

But goddamn if that trailer does not excite to only the proportions that a Saint's game could

#3 Edited by MrFlibble (67 posts) -

@genkkaku said:

But goddamn if that trailer does not excite to only the proportions that a Saint's game could

Originally there was going to be an expansion, I think that getting turned into the sequel saved time.

#4 Posted by Nilazz (607 posts) -

It sure looks like saints row.

#5 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

Looks pretty sweet. It is also coming rather soon.

#6 Posted by TooSweet (378 posts) -

I want this to be good. I'm hoping it will be. I have to admit I'm a bit iffy on the super powers stuff. Don't mind it for a DLC though.

#7 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@genkkaku said:

Originally there was going to be an expansion, I think that getting turned into the sequel saved time.

Yeah that worries me a little, that it's an expanded expansion that was started when THQ realized they needed a full sequel, I can see a lot of Enter the Dominatrix in there.. But I'm also super excited to get more Saints after everything that did happen

#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I'll admit, labeling this with a "IV" and deciding it's a full blown sequel is a bit weird when it seems to be very similar to the third game and when it has absolutely insane stuff like we see in that trailer which could be something seen in a spin-off, but it might be much more than that.

#9 Posted by ThunderSlash (1557 posts) -

The resolution on this ding-dong is SACK!

#10 Edited by IIGrayFoxII (303 posts) -

@genkkaku: It has been exactly two years since Saints Row 3 was released. Though it was released in October of 2011, the press had it months before that. So this is not quick at all and actually a standard time frame.

@fluxwavez: You made my morning. Thank you.

#11 Edited by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@iigrayfoxii: Yeah at first for some reason I thought it was out last year not 2011, but between announcing they're turning the expansion into a full sequel and August it sounds a little short, unless another team was working on a sequel on top of the DLC they were producing maybe there's enough time

#12 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

A small part of me really wishes they would have kept the working title instead of "Saints Ro(w)man Numeral 4"

But seriously though, my excitement is through the roof.

#13 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

Nice I am in.

Time to even get more offended Anita XD

#14 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Super Fucking Powers!

#15 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

@genkkaku said:

@mrflibble said:

@genkkaku said:

Yeah that worries me a little, that it's an expanded expansion that was started when THQ realized they needed a full sequel, I can see a lot of Enter the Dominatrix in there.. But I'm also super excited to get more Saints after everything that did happen

Yeah, but we know they've been working on it since at least since before April. That means, even though they'll be using a lot of assets from The Third, they have time to pack it full of craziness.

#16 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

The Youtube comments for the trailer make me sad.

#17 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@wrighteous86: That is true, I still really do hope that it comes out as is the best Saint's yet and all my worries are put to bed

#18 Edited by GunstarRed (5032 posts) -

Somebody was like "Make sure it comes out before GTA V!" It's a great trailer announcing a game that looks pretty similar to the last one.

#19 Posted by Commander_Crichton (153 posts) -

It looks like they're reusing a whole lot of assets from The Third, even Steelport looks unchanged. It's a nicely edited trailer and I wanna be excited for a new Saints Row game, but I've got a bad feeling about this one.

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Details from Polygon:

According to the official Facebook page for the title, the head of the Saints has been elected President of the United States, leading the charge against an alien force in a struggle to save humanity. Players will "wield gargantuan superpowers" and have an "arsenal of alien weaponry and technology" at their disposal, as well as the ability to leap buildings, outrun enemies and use telekinesis.

#21 Edited by Adrock4 (16 posts) -

My God. Judging by the promo art, the "city-state" ending of SR3 is canon. So does that make the Saints essentially the Agency from Crackdown, this time around?

EDIT: Jesus Christ Almighty, the truth is even better.

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@barrock said:

The Youtube comments for the trailer make me sad.

Yeah, some people aren't too happy with the direction this franchise has taken. I personally preferred SR2 to SR3, but I enjoyed the craziness of SR3 and if they're willing to take it one step further and differentiate themselves from other open world games that way, I'm fine with it. Also, as some have mentioned, maybe the fact that the graphics are not that improved could be an indication that they'll be able to focus more on game content than on technical feats.

#23 Posted by andrew2696 (296 posts) -

While kind of light on changes Deep Silver is the company making Dead Island Riptide a game that they said is $10 cheaper because this generation is coming to a close. So I expect price and content to be considered a bit more than the average dev.

#24 Posted by OGred (196 posts) -

Can't wait! :D

#25 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10484 posts) -

I can't wait! SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED!

#26 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

Totally identical to Saints Row: The Third but i can't complain

#27 Edited by envane (1159 posts) -

when they can no longer be called a gta ripoff , they turn to infamous/protoype/magic city man

#28 Edited by Jeust (10480 posts) -

The trailer is not as good as the initial trailer for Saints Row 3. although it features gameplay.

Is this game too bananas?

#29 Edited by Pr1mus (3814 posts) -

Yay for more Saints Row, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for more Steelport. That place is so boring.

I'm not sold on super powers and aliens too.

#30 Edited by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

#31 Posted by Quarters (1632 posts) -

You're the President?! I'M SO IN.

#32 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

Saints Row's in my console, all is right with the world.

#33 Edited by OGred (196 posts) -
#34 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3745 posts) -

@genkkaku said:

@wrighteous86: That is true, I still really do hope that it comes out as is the best Saint's yet and all my worries are put to bed

I am.... pretty confident that they've got some fun ideas in mind for this.

Yeah, their website has referred to them as Deep Silver Volition for a little while now, in some spots.

#35 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I'm a litle bit worried about how soon it's coming, but I'm excited at the same time, the game looks really good but maybe it's too similar to the third? I'm not sure, but either way ill be happy.

Also - HOT DOG SUIT.

#36 Posted by Pepeman (104 posts) -

Hold the phone, are you saying that in the time between GTA 4 and 5, we've had the opportunity to finish Saints Row 2...3 AND 4 ?! I gotta sit down,man...

#37 Edited by Atwa (615 posts) -

MAN I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED

ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE DISTURBING LACK OF DILDOS IN THE TEASER

#38 Posted by MocBucket62 (1156 posts) -

Welp, looks like we have a winner for GB's game of the year!

#39 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

I'm on board.

#40 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

That looked pretty meh.

#41 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

Oh praise jeebus. August is going to be great. Killer is Dead from Suda51 and now this. Absolutely delightful. =D

#42 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

Looks awesome even though it's in the same location. You think this game would be totally different if it originally wasn't a last hope of saving THQ?

#43 Posted by Abendlaender (2765 posts) -

As the only person on GiantBomb who didn't enjoy SR3 very much, this doesn't impress me. However, even though I have no interest in this game, I'm glad that fucked up weird games like this can exist and are being mad(e) (and bought).

#44 Edited by Hailinel (23917 posts) -

My body is ready.

#45 Edited by Morden2261 (277 posts) -

Saint's Row 3 was a game I wouldn't have touched if not for the massive praise showered upon it by the GB crew. I'm glad I played it, and can only hope the next game will be able to be up to the crazy high standards set by its predecessor... it'll be tough!

#46 Edited by Tennmuerti (8005 posts) -

Wow, that looks extremely similar to SR3. Hell it's using a huge amount of the very same assets. Even some of the art for the planned expansion/DLC is in this trailer. I'd even go so far as to say it looks exactly like SR3 (with some new stuff added in) because it does.

So it's pretty much like it was speculated, they took the expansion and are turning it into a full on sequel.

Kinda disappointing.

I was hoping for SR4, not SR3:wedecidedtocallitafour

#47 Edited by Excast (816 posts) -

In the words of Goku

And now, to go even further...beyond!

#48 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Huh. I love Saints Row but this looks like a left 4 dead 2 scenario. Hope it's good.

#49 Posted by ShaggE (6335 posts) -

Awwww, yeah!

#50 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

This looks great. Exactly what I wanted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.