Troy Baker vs Nolan North: Which one will you / would you choose in SRIV?

• 86 results
Posted by Aegon (5639 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Troy Baker vs Nolan North: Which one will you / would you choose in SRIV? (227 votes)

Troy Baker (Known for: Booker, Bioshock Infinite | Joel, Last of Us | Snow, FFXIII | Kanji, Persona 4 | and more) 53%
Nolan North (Known for: Nathan Drake, Uncharted | Desmond Miles, Assassin's Creed | Penguin, Batman: Arkham City | and more) 47%

Assuming they're the only two choices for a male boss. This is a toughy.

#51 Edited by Dedlok (35 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

This

While he was my choice in SRTT (and loved him), I'm afraid I'm going with Nolan North, because he's American. Unless the game explains how a Brit because the US president.

Just because you have a British accent does not mean you were born in Britian.

#52 Posted by probablytuna (3666 posts) -

It's a game where I can play as Nolan North as Nolan North, how could I not pick him?

#53 Edited by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Of those two obviously Nolan North, but really ill be playing with the Mockney accent person. It's a pretty shite cockney, but it kinda adds to the ridiculousness.

#54 Posted by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

Neither. I'm sticking with Laura Bailey.

Moderator Online
#55 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

Nolan, because I can rarely ever tell when it's him or not.

#56 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

The cockney one.

#57 Posted by Yummylee (21654 posts) -
@mandude said:

The cockney one.

Indeed, now cast your vote over yonder! Where all the cool, more expanded polls hang!

#58 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Wow this is a really close contest.

#59 Posted by GodlyOne (140 posts) -

I wish there was a bipolar option where it alternates between Troy Baker and Nolan North randomly. As much as I love the cockney voice, I think I'm going through with the vocal stylings of Nolan North.

#60 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?! I DON'T GODDAMN KNOW! IT'S BETRAYAL EITHER WAY I GO, AND I CAN'T TAKE THIS PRESSURE YOU ARE PUTTING ON ME! FUCK!

#61 Posted by afabs515 (1083 posts) -

I just wanna say i think its awesome that when i voted (for troy baker obvs), it was exactly a 50-50 split

#62 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

The one from Saints 3, Troy Baker right? I'm too attached to that character. Although, to be perfectly honest... they sound almost the same (at least in the inauguration demo). Sure you can tell which is which if you played a bunch of games, but I bet some casual (like all of my friends lol) person would have no clue

#63 Posted by Gruebacca (519 posts) -

I played Saints Row The Third with the Cockney guy, and not even Troy Baker or Nolan North can convince me to switch. I mean, it's the guy I made. It's ludicrous to change his voice.

As for the second playthrough, I will go with North. Haven't heard his voice in a while.

#64 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Robin Atkin Downes

#65 Posted by Aegon (5639 posts) -

@jakob187: This is why I made a poll. To help me with the decision. And here we are at 50:50.

-_-

#66 Edited by pyrodactyl (2040 posts) -

I'll play a lady gang leader, president, murderous psychopath thank you very much

#67 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

Fuck those guys, Laura Bailey FTW

#68 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

troy baker fuckin rules

#69 Edited by FoxMulder (1696 posts) -

I wonder how tounge-in-cheek the Nolan North voice is as it's called "Nolan North Voice". Played SR3 with a female both times, once with the Russian and once with the normal one. I may stick with a female one, but I gotta atleast play it once through with Nolan North.

#70 Edited by Darson (451 posts) -

You mean Nolan North (Known for: Everything)?

#71 Posted by Karkarov (3102 posts) -

@dedlok said:

@yummylee said:

Robin Atkin Downes.

This

Yeap. Was my voice in saints 2 and saints 3, going to stay the same in saints 4.

#72 Posted by andrew2696 (314 posts) -

I played Saints Row: The Third twice once with Troy voice and another with Laura Bailey voice. IV I plan on playing Nolan North voice.

Hopefully I do decide to play it again with Troy and Laura's voices. I mean the voice changes only a couple of times but I really love the writing and voice acting.

#73 Posted by VincentVendetta (251 posts) -

Laura Bailey.

Bitch.

#74 Posted by Hunkulese (2725 posts) -

Didn't someone already do this poll? Neither of those guys are the best option.

#75 Posted by Korwin (2865 posts) -

Kenn Michael, male 2 was my favourite.

#76 Posted by Ley_Lines (252 posts) -

I'm glad to see the Laura Bailey love, I'm playing the same as I did in Saints Row 3 as lady Shin-Chan.

#77 Edited by darkvare (766 posts) -

i always play ladies and i never found either of this dudes voices great

#78 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'd rather hear the Cockney guy than Troy Baker who sounds the same in every single game.

#79 Edited by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

Troy Baker > Nolan North

#80 Posted by chiablo (929 posts) -

I played the female Russian voice actress in Saints Row The Third... but with a male character. I'll probably do something equally surreal. Since you can change your character's appearance pretty easily, I'll probably be a male character with Troy Baker's voice in the real world, and a random one while in The Matrix.

#81 Posted by Mastercheesey (220 posts) -

The black guy

#82 Posted by overnow (163 posts) -

I was a big fan of the Robin Atkin Downes voice in the last game but on my most recent playthrough I used Troy Baker and enjoyed it. I feel like I will use Baker and then if I have further playthroughs I'll use Downes and Bailey.

#83 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

I'll play with a female character and with the Troy Baker voice. That's how much I like that guy.

#84 Posted by mpgeist (608 posts) -

Laura Bailey is the only choice for me, your question does not compute!

#85 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

There's a difference?

#86 Posted by OurSin_360 (888 posts) -

Kenn Michael

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.