Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Bummer bug anyone else?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So I am trying to complete all of the instances of the genki reality climax but when I go to start one I end up with a pink graphic covering pretty much the whole screen. I can move around and see the corners but the middle of the screen is completely covered in pink making it impossible to shoot anything. I've tried restarting the system and everything but it always shows up. One of the weirdest bugs I have seen in quite a while. Anyone else experience this or know a fix for it? It's a pretty big bummer because I am absolutely loving this game which blows me away because the other saints row games did not interest me at all. Even though this glitch is happening it's still up there on my list for this year.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By sixpin

I had this happen as well. I also had a glitch where, in a late game mission, I couldn't throw punches toward an enemy and dialog was repeated over and over again. After restarting my 360 a few times both bugs stopped and the game finally started working again. I noticed the bigger glitches happening when switching from one takeover mission type to another. Dunno... but I'd say give the system a break and boot it up again later.

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AndrooD2

I've recently been having this exact same problem. Did you ever resolve it?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Djratchet

That sucks. I know it is an intentional effect that is meant to just last a few seconds, definitely not forever... I would post in Volition's forums about it over at saintsrow.com, sounds like it would be something easy to fix

Sless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sless

I restarted my console (360) and got it to work. It's a shame that this game seems pretty plagued with bugs. I stopped playing for the night because both of my main quests had bugs - one had the loading screen wipe going over and over and over, and another where the enemy would disappear in the middle of a fight and not reappear. This is in addition to the 5 hard locks I've had in 15 hours of playing. Definitely a shame. I'm accepting of some open-world jank, but there's definitely something funky with their quests. Hopefully everything works when I come back to it later, it's still a great game.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By nohthink

@laserbolts: I had the same thing happening. I did other missions and came back and it was normal again. But I came back every time when I finished a mission so it actually took me a while. I tried loading the game again but that did work either. Just do other missions and come back and hope for the best.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AndrooD2: I know the fix. Clear your cache. Remove the latest patch. That is what did it. After you finish that chain of side quests get the patch back. 
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By laserbolts
    @AndrooD2

I've recently been having this exact same problem. Did you ever resolve it?

Yeah I just restarted again and it luckily just worked for me. It's weird but I just went straight for the instance after restrting and it worked. Thanks everyone for the feedback and i hope this issue fixes itself for you guys.
    EpochError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By EpochError

I had this same thing happen but backing all the way out to the dashboard and reloading the game fixed it, luckily.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Dreamfall31

I had all of these happen to me too. They were all easily fixed with a system reset. I was dumb though and thought the Genki glitch was part of the game...I nearly finished one of the levels until I realized I had only sprinted through it and not killed many mascots!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.