Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Does anyone else play this way?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

The SR series' character creator is well documented and complimented for its outstanding range of what kinds of monstrosities you can churn out from it, all of the celebrities/fictional characters you can impersonate, and for frankly just allowing you to create any character your imagination so desires. Plenty of people like to take advantage of the fact that the SR series allow you to head back to Image As Designed (plastic surgery place) and quite literally start from scratch all over whenever you like, as many times as you like (more or less, considering the minimal fee to do so). But for me... that's simply not an option. I genuinely tend to enjoy the storylines within these games, and as such I can never bring myself to completely switch for a different character mid-way through the story should I get bored. It comes down to my own love for role-playing, so instead should I ever decide to play through as a different character (which is nigh impossible to resist) I will actually start the game again from scratch with a new, despite SR also generously allowing you to replay any mission & side activity whenever you want.

The first two SR's I would always create separate playthroughs for alternate characters most importantly because you couldn't save your previous creations and would lose it forever should you opt to start a new during that same save file. That isn't quite the case with SR3 since you can upload your character online and then theoretically download it again, but even still I'm too confined within my own weird boundaries and must adhere to my rigid sense of roleplaying... I remember I completed SR2 like 7 times in total - never actually 100%'d any of them, though

Anywhoo like the title asks, any other like-minded madmen out there?

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By washingmachine

:O

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeGosot

I play it this way. I just love the character i created. So... High five, bro?

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hbkdx12

I play that way mainly because i can't be arsed to sit there and fiddle with making a new character mid game considering the countless and yet fun things i can be doing in the world. 

I'm not really the artsy/imaginative type so in game like this where the CAC is so robust, i'm actually inclined to spend less time with it

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By TheMustacheHero

That sounds really dumb.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SlightConfuse

i playe Sr2 with the same character, i felt no eed to change my australia chris jericho look a like

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

Yep. I roleplay the shit out of Saints Row. Right now I'm going through my with redhead, freckled ladyboss. It's pretty great.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidman

no way dude!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Although I've changed the appearance a few times, I changed his voice for one single mission just once. I believe I failed the mission or I quit playing halfway through it, but once I started playing again I immediately went back to change my voice to the original one. It felt like no matter how different of a face or skin color my character got, nothing broke it more than hearing a different voice.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#11  Edited By EpicBenjamin

Yes, I do the same thing.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

I created my guy, bought a semi decent outfit then never changed it throughout the game. Except when I changed gender for the gender equality achievement. Then I switched back.

Sounds like what you'd do in Mass Effect, that character is locked in stone. Although in Mass Effect I roll default Shepard all the way

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

i play as prince all the time.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

I'll one up yours and say that I've played more or less the same character in all three games. Kept the designs as close as I could. Basically Samuel L Jackson with a fro and gaudy purple, yellow and green tri-color dress suits. Like I imagine the leader of the Saints would and should wear.

Though I'll occasionally make a second playthrough and go crazy. In saints row 2 I made a morbidly obese, transvestite, asian manwoman with a massive mullet, beard, and a cockney accent. Good times.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By benpack

I change all the time. Like every 4th or 5th mission.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@Abyssfull:

I'm with you. Through all the games I've tried to keep a similar character going. In my head it adds to the enjoyment of the game. Of course I've played each one of these games mutliple times (well not 3 yet but you get what I'm saying). So on subsequent playthroughs I may go for something a bit more bonkers.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Meteor_VII

You can replay story missions? (Just beat the game and didn't notice this) I know you can replay side missions

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

I'm buying the Image As Deigned locations, but I just can't bring myself to use them. I've grown attached to my character.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@Meteor_VII said:

You can replay story missions? (Just beat the game and didn't notice this) I know you can replay side missions

I'm not sure how the mechanics work in The Third, but in SR2 and SR1 you could always replay any mission you wanted. There used to be a bulletin board that had newspaper clippings representing the older missions that you had already completed. Selecting one would allow you to replay said mission. I'm sure The Third has the option as well, though as I said I haven't found it yet (mostly because I haven't looked). It's probably in the phone menu somewhere.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darkvare
    @XII_Sniper: i did this except for number one since i couldn't do a female character
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic

You're giving the game too much role-playing credit ;/

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vortextk

I don't really "roleplay", but my character is my character, so I won't change them, or her as with this game. I've gone to the plastic surgeon to "fix" her from my original design, just slightly, but nah I probably won't do sex changes or crazy alterations. This kind of situation comes up often and I always feel a bit, uncomfortable, maybe? Voices or actors changing in roles annoy me and other similar situations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.