Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Gangstas in Space DLC to be released next month?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I noticed during the opening to Genki Bowl VII, the stream of news reports underneath state that the Gangstas in Space movie is to be released next month: a sure hint that the Gangstas in Space DLC will be released next month y'thunk? It does seem like it would be rather hasty of them, but I doubt Genki Bowl VII could have taken that much work; hopefully they were working on them simultaneously.

Also I'm pretty sure that Johnny Gat is in fact alive, or is destined for some amazing sort of resurrection (a lot of people believe that Trouble With Clones is based around Johnny Gat himself apparently being cloned, which seems reasonable) since even Volition are now openly inserting rumours within that same text stream. Though I'm pretty sure they planned it all along, it's great to see some acknowledgement to put my mourning woes at bay.

BTW, err.. here's my review for the Genki Bowl VII DLC... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By matpaget

And Jonny Gat is Professor Genki! (Not a spoiler at all. It's just my speculation on future DLC)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

No Johnny, no sale.

Rerejo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rerejo28

The link for your review didn't work for me... might wanna check it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

Spoken like a true Saint.

@Rerejo28 said:

The link for your review didn't work for me... might wanna check it.

Huh, that was weird. I think it's because I copied the link from the review window, after I just finished it, rather than the actual page. Edited anywhoo.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

@Abyssfull: What the fuck is that... thing?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@Napalm said:

@Abyssfull: What the fuck is that... thing?

Iiiiiiiiiwwwwhat?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

@Abyssfull said:

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It looks like a pissed off skateboarder because he fell of his board trying to grind that table. He in turn, flipped the table over.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@Napalm said:

@Abyssfull said:

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It looks like a pissed off skateboarder because he fell of his board trying to grind that table. He in turn, flipped the table over.

Ohhh... for a moment there I thought you were talking about my user-review. Tears were beginning to trickle. T_T And you've never seen that lil emote-monster thing before? I figured it was more or less universally known. I don't know what the hell it is, though... just an iterative Rage Guy I suppose that I like to sometimes place because it makes me giggle.

EDIT: Ah, well I guess there's your answer .

@dastly75 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cTdFqwdwc

dastly75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Abyssfull said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

That's kinda of a weird thing to say, considering the full game BARELY had Johnny Gat in it.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yummylee

@MikeGosot said:

@Abyssfullsaid:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

That's kinda of a weird thing to say, considering the full game BARELY had Johnny Gat in it.

I know, and it was made lesser because of it! I notice they did try to fill the role with Pierce as your leading guy, but like The Third themselves said ''Who gives a fuck about Pierce''?... that's kinda harsh, I actually quite like Pierce. Even still, I wouldn't literally stop buying any and all SR stuff just because Gat wasn't in it. But bringing back Johnny would be appreciative.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Animasta

@Abyssfull: I thought Gat was killed because Daniel Dae Kim was just getting popular and it would be a lot more expensive to hire him (at least that's what I heard, something close to that)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee

@Animasta said:

@Abyssfull: I thought Gat was killed because Daniel Dae Kim was just getting popular and it would be a lot more expensive to hire him (at least that's what I heard, something close to that)

I remember someone linking his twitter reply about being killed off, and it was news to him apparently and he was gutted about it. Though of course it's not like he'd outright say ''Yeah, my dick's too big for some video-game, so... PEACE'' so maybe he was letting his fans down gently.

Guess we'll find out with the upcoming DLC anywhoo if he destined to return or not. But if he really is too expensive, though, I don't think Volition would then allude to him returning during the opening like they did.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Abyssfull said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Abyssfullsaid:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

I know, and it was made lesser because of it! I notice they did try to fill the role with Pierce as your leading guy, but like The Third themselves said ''Who gives a fuck about Pierce''?... that's kinda harsh, I actually quite like Pierce. Even still, I wouldn't literally stop buying any and all SR stuff just because Gat wasn't in it. But bringing back Johnny would be appreciative.

Pierce's a cool guy. I did not played trough SR or SRII(I did saw videos of them, if that counts for something...), so maybe that's why i think that... But i think people bitch about Johnny Gat because his death was just fucking awful. That's the series in which you trick a guy into smashing his grilfriend WITH A MONSTER TRUCK. To kill such a beloved character off-screen was just... Well... Terrible.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee

@MikeGosot said:

@Abyssfull said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Abyssfullsaid:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

Pierce's a cool guy. I did not played trough SR or SRII(I did saw videos of them, if that counts for something...), so maybe that's why i think that... But i think people bitch about Johnny Gat because his death was just fucking awful. That's the series in which you trick a guy into smashing his grilfriend WITH A MONSTER TRUCK. To kill such a beloved character off-screen was just... Well... Terrible.

Exactly. Not only is he gone, but they even ''killed'' him off in such a lazy manner. Jeff did make a good point about The Boss being made into a significantly more crazy and psychotic SOB, to kinda fill the void, but Gat's just cool, maaaan. He's got a great jacket, too... just wish you could have bought it.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Abyssfull: You know, this is not really about Gat, but since we're talking about the future of the franchise regarding the DLC... I'm kinda worried of what they may do from now on. I'm worried that the developers may turn so obsessed with "over-the-top" stuff, that they will not care about the essence of the world of the game. This may sound silly, but Steelport was really bland and i don't think they will fix that. Besides, comparing the death of the antagonists in SR: The Third with the ones in SRII, you can easily say they've "gone soft". I don't want they to go bac to SRII, but i think they will not "fix" the game, and will just solve every criticism with more dildos. 
     And this off-topic reply was bigger than i expected. Sorry.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By cstrang

Umm... I think you're over-thinking it.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Djratchet

Next DLC is set for spring. March is when Spring begins. I don't think we will see the DLC til April at the earliest. That's just my prediction.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Johnny must come back. He's too awesome not to and the way he was kind of killed off wasn't the best. That crawl in the Genkibowl VII cutscene gave me hope. Come back to us, Johnny. We need ya, baby.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yummylee

@Djratchet said:

Next DLC is set for spring. March is when Spring begins. I don't think we will see the DLC til April at the earliest. That's just my prediction.

If you're talking about the rumours in here, then you've got them mixed up. Gangstas in Space is meant to be intended for a ''winter'' release, which I suppose must be February? Whereas The Clone's DLC is intended for Spring.

@cstrang said:

Umm... I think you're over-thinking it.

How so? They said a month; if it was placed there just as a reference, then it would have made more sense to just leave it as ''Gangstas in Space movie coming son!'' Also I'm not saying that it's definitely being released in February either... but for someone to jump to the conclusion that it may be released in February hardly seems like I'm ''over-thinking'' things. Developers always like to leave clues pertaining to any new games, content or something of the sort. Just like how in the Liberty City Stories manual they had a logo saying farewell to Liberty City, with a beach or something at the bottom resembling like it was hidden underneath the page, to give players something to pick up on and discuss.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Djratchet

@Abyssfull said:

@Djratchet said:

If you're talking about the rumours in here, then you've got them mixed up. Gangstas in Space is meant to be intended for a ''winter'' release, which I suppose must be February? Whereas The Clone's DLC is intended for Spring.

Ah, I don't think I've ever been happier to be wrong then (Also, don't believe Wikipedia's lies in that case, they imply that Gangstas in Space will be coming late 2012, like Decemberish)

If the info in the thread you linked is correct, and I believe GB users over wiki users, the plausible time would be feb (pleasepleasepease) orrr mid march.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@MikeGosot said:
    @Abyssfull said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

I didn't spoil anything before the game came out so I didn't know.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Kazona

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

No Johnny, no sale.

mmmmm Johnny...

Peavler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Peavler

They killed Johnny off screen so it's easier to make an excuse to bring him back to life. No body, no proof.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Grimluck343

I need another reason to go back to this game. Make it happen people!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.