Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Gangsters in Space is out and is...

• 53 results
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

Still too damn short, much like Genki Bowl I ran through GIS in about an hour. With that said that overall DLC isn't bad, two new vehicles, new homies and homie outfits, but with only three short mission's this DLC pack is still too short!

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

Quite the cliffhanger title there. Got me to click though, you bastard.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Exactly the right amount of time for DLC.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang
    @SmasheControllers Are trophies/achievements easy?
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

No new weapons? I was hoping for a ray-gun (not to be confused with the lasers in the main game). A jet pack would have been great, too. *sigh* Well, at least I didn't get a season pass or I might feel a bit cheated by the length of this and the Genki Bowl DLC. Hopefully, for those that did, better stuff will be offered eventually.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Djratchet

Any excuse to play more Saints Row is good in my book.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By bibamatt

So glad I didn't buy that season pass...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Ugh, seriously? Have to wait till tomorrow for me to play it, but 3 missions across an hour sounds so disappointing. If the Clones DLC carries the standard, then I'll have essentially paid around £16(?) for like 3 hours... =/ Pretty crappy Season Pass thus far. Especially given that all the other accessories and stuff were sold independently outside of the Pass. Uncharted 3's Season Pass has been brilliant at least; the content never seems to end and there's been a great source of value overall.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hizang

I bought all the side stuff, all of them are over priced and crap.
    But I keep buying them....

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Deranged

Wow, what a fail of DLC.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#11  Edited By Lazyaza

It's out? its not on steam yet... odd.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Is this the sequel to Muppets in Space?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By hatking

Saints Row 2's DLC was pretty much garbage, I didn't trust Volition and so I didn't buy the season pass. Looks like I made the right choice. It's crazy how insane of a game they make but how afraid they are to go above the bar for their DLC.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee

@PenguinDust said:

No new weapons? I was hoping for a ray-gun (not to be confused with the lasers in the main game). A jet pack would have been great, too. *sigh* Well, at least I didn't get a season pass or I might feel a bit cheated by the length of this and the Genki Bowl DLC. Hopefully, for those that did, better stuff will be offered eventually.

According to the trailer there are some new weapons, though they all look like they're just reskinned versions of assault rifles and pistols. The new... boomerang spaceship looks ace, though. Actually, a lot of that all looks pretty shweet... the terribly short length is still disappointing, but it's at least a major step up from Genki Bowl.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Sounds to me like I'm going to have to pop Saints Row back in today... Something do to before class, and PSV Wednesday

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hizang: I got all of them running through the DLC.

As for the weapon packs, yeah I can't stop buying them either!

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For 5 dollars an hour is fine, I had fun with it anyway.

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By darkfury

Just finished it and got my S-Rank back (1200/1200, 70/70). I rated it 4/5 as I had great fun playing it, but it definitely felt flimsy and they clearly had trouble finding 10 things worth putting achievements for; One is to find 6 collectibles within the 2nd level, all 'hidden' in plain sight, another is for killing a single enemy. If you're crazy for this game like I am, it's worth it.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By frankxiv

i'm gonna wait til the 3rd pack is out before i go back, then maybe i'll have a decent amount of time to spend

oneidwille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By oneidwille
    TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I played it for a bit, it's alright.

It adds stuff to do and gives you some cool stuff (like Space Brutina), but The Boss's wooden acting joke has gone from funny to boring and I still feel I've not gotten my worth for the damned season pack. I just hope the next one will be better, then again I thought that after Genki Bowl.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Screw it, I am still getting the season pass.

GuardianKnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By GuardianKnux

It much better than the last one that's for sure. The only crazy thing is that (unless I'm missing something) you don't get to keep the three new weapons after you finish the mission! I mean they weren't that great, but they sounded cool and were fun enough to use. That just blows my mind.

That being said, this one has much better writing and is much funnier. I like it.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pantzing_nome

@HatKing: Same here, it feels like after they finish a Saints Row Game the main team goes on vacation and they let there interns handle the DLC.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Dreamfall31

I am never buying a Season Pass ever again...this DLC is a lame. Genki Bowl was terrible and this is short and not good. I can't even make it past the the on rails part wheren you shoot the alien ships...I've tried 3 times and given up for now. I even bought the Uncharted 3 pass and haven't touched much of the Uncharted 3 MP. I gotta play that sometime, but I had so much fun with 2's MP and 3 has not been as much fun.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

You can't put a price on more Saints Row.

But they did, and I paid it, and I've come to terms with that.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GalacticPunt

I dug it. They brought in all the protagonist voice actors and wrote a fair amount of comedy to fill the gameplay. The latina female voice actor is adorable as always.

I got all 10 trophies, but PSN is so screwy tonight that GiantBomb's API can't see that those trophies exist...

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I fucking haaaaaaaaaaaated it. It was super fast, had really annoying main character dialogue (really shitty fake bad acting just pisses me off. Bad acting is only funny when it's real. Otherwise it's trying too hard, and as a result comes off really lazy), a really hasty feeling plot (HEY THIS GUYS A DICK HEY THIS GIRL NEEDS TO STICK UP FOR HERSELF HEY THAT GETS RESOLVED) and there was like... 5 minutes of actual interesting-ish cutscene content. The weapons were recharging types, and as a result, I hated them. I never used those ones in the main game, and I hated being forced to use them in really bland simple boring gameplay scenarios. And the rail shooting sequence was the LONGEST SINGLE THING YOU DID. WHY? I don't think this DLC was made reactively, to be honest. The pacing is still as shitty, the gameplay was boring, it just felt rushed and lacking any real depth or what I really wanted, ie the kind of amazing writing that we got in the Mars ending of the game.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MayorFeedback

Some of it was pretty funny, but at this point I'm pretty much just playing to keep my S-rank. I bought the Season Pass but have been really disappointed in the quality. The packs are SUPER overpriced for what they are. They're pretty fun as just a side thing, but as a $7 piece of DLC it's a complete waste of money. I was hoping for more goofing around on Mars, but instead it's just a bunch of re-skinned stuff I already have, doing stuff I already did in the main game.

In a way, it's kinda nice to look at the DLC and realize they really did keep the best stuff in the game, rather than cutting sections and using them for DLC later. That's a good thing. But the stuff we're getting as DLC is just really weak. I didn't mind Genki Bowl cause I figured Gangstas in Space would be more substantial, but nope. Turns out I spent more time in Genki Bowl. Real letdown after such a great game.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BonOrbitz

Well, I was going to buy it until it wrecked the PC version. Damn it.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chilibean_3

I enjoyed it. I had really low expectations but even then I think it was more than decent. It was funny and the missions were fun. Hearing that the guns can't be used outside of the missions is pretty lame though.

As much as I had a good time playing it, I'm not sure someone should pick it up if they don't have the season pass already. Maybe if there is a sale on that piece of DLC since it's not much.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zaglis
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

Your opinion sucks.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@zaglis said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Your opinion sucks.

No, my opinion is that of someone who enjoys the game, but doesn't need to be saddled with another 4 hour experience once a month when there are tons of actual new games to play.

oneidwille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oneidwille

@bonorbitz: seems like they released an update, but broken it remains...sigh

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yummylee

@MordeaniisChaos said:

I fucking haaaaaaaaaaaated it. It was super fast, had really annoying main character dialogue (really shitty fake bad acting just pisses me off. Bad acting is only funny when it's real. Otherwise it's trying too hard, and as a result comes off really lazy), a really hasty feeling plot (HEY THIS GUYS A DICK HEY THIS GIRL NEEDS TO STICK UP FOR HERSELF HEY THAT GETS RESOLVED) and there was like... 5 minutes of actual interesting-ish cutscene content. The weapons were recharging types, and as a result, I hated them. I never used those ones in the main game, and I hated being forced to use them in really bland simple boring gameplay scenarios. And the rail shooting sequence was the LONGEST SINGLE THING YOU DID. WHY? I don't think this DLC was made reactively, to be honest. The pacing is still as shitty, the gameplay was boring, it just felt rushed and lacking any real depth or what I really wanted, ie the kind of amazing writing that we got in the Mars ending of the game.

Yup, just completed it and I agree entirely with everything you said here. Plus the ending was terribly anti-climatic =/ Even Genki Bowl had a better ending than this.

EDIT: The only fun part was exploring the movie sets.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hizang

I just beat it, overall I am very happy with it. It lasted me an hour and a half, I essentially cost £5, I got some sweet new veichle s and I enjoyed the over the top ness of everything. I agree that this is what DLC should be, short sweet and done with after a few hours.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bocam

I got the season pass+the game for £20 so I got my money's worth out of it

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By strainedeyes

I have been a bit disappointed with this Season Pass overall. The content is always short and you don't get that much out of it. Like, why don't they give you all the laser guns once you beat this DLC?

I dunno, the main game had such promise that it would make way to insane/awesome DLC, and they have been really missing that mark. Lame costume packs and bone thin DLC. Hopefully they go all out for the Clone one, since that's it for the Season Pass.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I though they already did Gangster in Space with one of the endings. What is this DLC about?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I though they already did Gangster in Space with one of the endings. What is this DLC about?

Actually filming the movie (besides the scene on mars, kind of a different movie I guess?).

Anyway, I think this DLC was fucking hilarious at first and seemed to be exactly what I wanted from SR3 (I was like, are they really doing what I think they're doing?!). But the joke wore out over the three missions and it was overall way too short, bummed about the Season's pass. I was hoping for a more substantial addon to an already comparatively short game (compared to its predecessor).

baag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By baag

I liked this one better than the last one, appreciate that I got more of the main characters voice work in there.. (does anyone know who actually voices the 'cockney' british man?)

However, as many have said - each release just feels a little thin on the ground content wise. The two new vehicles are mostly just re-skins of what we already have, and while I actually quite enjoyed the missions it was over far too quickly, and began to get a bit less fun and more repetitive toward the end. I suppose if you grouped all of the season pass content together after everything has been released it might feel worth it; it's just getting it in tiny hour portions - I literally have nothing left to do in the game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Yummylee
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Vonocourt

I knew I was in for disappointment when the first mission started me off assaulting a military base, but the "not-"terminator theme that started to play helped convince me a bit. That was pretty much the highlight.

bvilleneuve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44  Edited By bvilleneuve

I liked this one about as much as I liked Genki. Shooting is boring in every game, so the fact that this pack was mostly running through corridors and shooting people for long periods of time made it disappointing. The writing other contextual factors were good, but no part of it was as entertaining to me as the yarn ball in Genki. Basically if they would have structured Genki like a combination of this pack (beefy, multi-stage missions) and that one (perhaps have those missions then open up the three less contextual Genki activities, like in the main game) it would have been a fantastic piece of DLC. That and the lackluster DLC storylines have been sort of confounding after some of the fantastic moments from the main game.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nekroskop

This is probably the last time I buy a season pass. The whole ordeal cost me around 199 NOK~35USD, and so far it's not worth it.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Flaboere

I liked it well enough, allthough I wish they would have made an expansion pack instead of these small DLC's. I'd really like to go back to play more story in the game, and this was fun, but too short.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@ahaisthisourchance said:

This is probably the last time I buy a season pass. The whole ordeal cost me around 199 NOK~35USD, and so far it's not worth it.

This is the (first and) last time I buy a Season Pass as well...

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've held off on this dlc, after buying the last. I'm still unsure as to whether to get it or not.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#49  Edited By sjschmidt93

Such disappointing DLC.

If only they would've looked at how Rockstar handled GTA4.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By strainedeyes

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@ahaisthisourchance said:

This is the (first and) last time I buy a Season Pass as well...

I've bought a few Season Passes, L.A. Noire, Mortal Kombat, Gears of War 3, MW3, and this is the only one that hasn't been worth it, imo. It's a shame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.