Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

homie vtol and homie heli doesn't show up on the phone list!

ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssc604

anyone else having this problem

i can call everything else its just those two that have problems

my game is installed to the hard drive

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By Soap

Sorry for the dumb question here but... have you unlocked them?

Also if they are greyed out it's because they are unavailable (they work on a pretty lame cool down system)

ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssc604

lol they are unlocked

and no its not just grayed out

it doesn't appear on my phone list as the thread title states

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

Sucks for you, I guess. Maybe you should head to the Saints Row: The Third forum and post your issue there.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I noticed them sometimes not landing, like circling me for a minute before disappearing in the distance again, but I never had problems calling them.
    Strange.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By webscud

They are always in my phone, but they don't always so up. And if they show up, they don't always land. They often hover above a cleared area. I actually get a helicopter about 60% of the time and a VTOL about 25%.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

You're not missing much, every time I call in a VTOL homie, he either never shows up, or shows up and immediately crashes. 

Might want to go post in the official forums or something, though I imagine its just glitched and you're screwed.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nutter

I have the same issue. I haven't bought the VTOL, but I bought the Heli Homie unlock and it's like it never actually took the unlock. I've had a similar issue with stores and property. I'll buy them, and once I save, quit, and reload...the money is gone but the properties aren't mine. Annoyance at worst...

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
    @nutter said:
    I have the same issue. I haven't bought the VTOL, but I bought the Heli Homie unlock and it's like it never actually took the unlock. I've had a similar issue with stores and property. I'll buy them, and once I save, quit, and reload...the money is gone but the properties aren't mine. Annoyance at worst...
    Why would you save, quit and reload right after you buy properties?
    nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By nutter

I play a lot of co-op and I'm a parent of a 3 and a 1 year old. My co-op partners are friends of mine, most of whom are parents of young kids. Point being, life happens and we all have to save and quit here and there. It's not something I do habitually, but my 1 year old is teething and is battling an ear infection. So those few precious hours that I spend gaming are frequently interrupted. I stopped playing with strangers for the same reason. I don't want to be the ass who drops out in a close game on Live, but my kids are the priority, so I will...that, and when you only have an hour or two here and there IF the kids sleep soundly, I don't want it ruined by typical public match BS... Long and rambling answer, I know...and, it was typed on an iPhone... Sorry about the formatting and lack of direct reply...my phone doesn't like Giant Bomb's forum code.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeGosot
    @WebScud said:
    They are always in my phone, but they don't always so up. And if they show up, they don't always land. They often hover above a cleared area. I actually get a helicopter about 60% of the time and a VTOL about 25%.
    @Xeiphyer said:
    You're not missing much, every time I call in a VTOL homie, he either never shows up, or shows up and immediately crashes.   Might want to go post in the official forums or something, though I imagine its just glitched and you're screwed.
    The VTOL needs big open areas to land. Some crossroads work too.
    ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ltsmash

About 50% of the way through the game Oleg was just permanently grayed-out for me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

After completing the story, I can't call in any of my character homies (only the vehicle delivery and saints/SWAT backup work) anymore and they're all labelled as being ''busy''. Burt Reynolds I wasn't able to call even during the story =/ The whole Homie Mechanic (jesus, did I really just type Homie Mechanic?) is pretty buggy overall it seems.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By musubi

This game has a lot of issues.  Restarting the 360/clearing the cache actually fixes SOME of them.   No guarantees tho.

Avatar image for joey_joe_joe_junior_shabadoo
    Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior_Shabadoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the same issue.

I reached level 39, unlocked (paid for) the Homie VTOL feature but it does not show up in my phone.

It isn't greyed out -- it doesn't show up at all!!!

The other homie items show up: vehicle delivery, heli(copter) and tank, BUT NO VTOL!!!

What's up with that?!?

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ltsmash

I had a similar issue with Oleg. About halfway through the game his icon became grayed-out and he was unavailable for the duration, which is a bummer as he's great to have around wrecking shop.

Natedawg8624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Natedawg8624

ON THE PS3:

I just want to know, how long it takes for the VTOL to become available on the phone (HOMIE VTOL)? I bought the Homie delivery, summoned the VTOL, and it just hovered over a fucking parking lot, trying to land but not touching down for five minutes IRL. Finally I said FUCK IT and blew it out of the sky with an RPG! Now I'm at the airport waiting for it to become available again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I have the exact same problem on the PC. No idea how to fix it.

tymerteeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tymerteeking

Solution (PC version):

Use this tool: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-save-editor-c.1042

Open up your save game (suggest your last numbered one), go to the homies tab, uncheck VTOL, save, open game, go to campaign, load that saved game (suggesting the one with most recent time), try to call vtol homie and likely fail to do so, save, quit game, re-open tool, go back to homies tab after opening save game again, re-check vtol homie, save, reopen saint's row, should now be working.

Remember... always get the PC versions of games, because there's always a fix.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Fearbeard

@napalm said:

@nutter

said:

Why would you save, quit and reload right after you buy properties?

Well when he's done playing he probably saves and quits. Then when he is ready to play again he reloads or loads the save. I don't think he's doing all three the moment he buys the property.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.