How to complete 50 Complements/taunts challenge after 100% clear

#1 Posted by tCobra (19 posts) -

I cleared out every gang operation and did every side mission except the hits and vehicles form the saints book and can't find any gang member to Complement/taunt. does anyone know a way to complete the taunt and complement challenges after doing this. I did try to jump into random peoples games but I always got people who had cheats enabled. Thanks

Xbox Live:Tama Ironcobra

#2 Posted by NesterJones (1 posts) -

Been having the same problem too. The compliments challenges DOES NOT have to be done on gang members. I did it off anyone on the streets. Though the taunts I've had issues with. Every now and then I can get it to work on my own gang members but they have to be a good distance apart from each other and not doing a damned thing, other wise it won't work. Been told to save and reload might work but this only helped with the car torpedo challenge that got glitched. If you figure it out let me know.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Your progress on these saves through all of your playthroughs. I started a new game, and it was still picking up the count I had from my previous game.

#4 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Sounds like it might be easier to just start over on easy difficulty for it, I'm still going through the game & luckily peeked at the achievements to get it out of the way early. GLHB!

#5 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

That's the only achievement I'm not going to get. Those challenges are just dumb.

#6 Posted by Andorski (5367 posts) -

Can't you replay the last mission after you beat the game? I thought the game just reverts back to before you accept the last mission.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (15163 posts) -

I've been VERY careful to complete anything that requires gang members.  I'm about half way done with all the challenges.

#8 Posted by WebScud (118 posts) -

Have you tried doing it on Saints members? They are gang members after all. You can hold up stores you own for that challenge.

#9 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

@Napalm said:

Your progress on these saves through all of your playthroughs. I started a new game, and it was still picking up the count I had from my previous game.

Are challenges the only thing that saves through everything? I talking about the upgrades, assasination missions etc.

#10 Posted by Tuggah (1073 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

Sounds like it might be easier to just start over on easy difficulty for it, I'm still going through the game & luckily peeked at the achievements to get it out of the way early. GLHB!

this is what I am doing. Really easy to do in the early parts of the game. After completing act one, I have about 40 of the taunts at gang members in about an hour and a half.

#11 Posted by tankboy (3 posts) -

Crank the difficulty up to hardcore. I found Luchadores reliably outside Angel's gym, even after the city takeover was completed.

#12 Posted by Humanity (10115 posts) -

My issue is that I don't even know when it registers and when it doesn't. Even before I took over all the districts I'd run up to enemy gang members, hit left on the d-pad (360) and I'd do the taunt animation - then check the list and nothing. I'd kill gang members and do it and you even get a "taunting" bonus multiplier but it didn't count for me. The compliments seem to work fine but I can't seem to taunt for the life of me.

Are they supposed to be enemy gang members, not engaged in combat? Even though I have 100% completion on all islands if you shoot civilians up the gangs still show up - so getting them is not that bad, just no idea how to register the taunt.

#13 Edited by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -
@Humanity: It has to be gang members that are just walking down the street that aren't engaged in combat or set in an aggressive stance (guns drawn)

When you taunt them and do it right, 1) you'll see a taunt meter on the top right hand side of the screen. 2) the gang member will either taunt you back and then open fire or just immediately open fire. 

You also have to make sure that you're in their line of sight. The game is kind of strict about that. You just can't be near them, even tho it'll get their attention you wont get credited with the taunt. 

There were plenty of instances where 2 gang members would be facing each other talking and i would run up to the side of them and taunt and either, i would only get credited with 1 taunt instead of 2, or worse yet, i wouldn't get credited with a taunt at all and they'd open fire.

Also don't waste your time on trying to start a ruckus with gang members with the idea you'll jump into one ur stores and then run out and taunt all the gang members in front once you lose ur notoriety. It won't work because when you go into the store and ur notoriety drops, the gang members will still be on high alert with their guns drawn even though ur notoriety is gone and doing the taunt at that point does nothing but piss them off again
#14 Posted by Humanity (10115 posts) -

@hbkdx12 said:

@Humanity: It has to be gang members that are just walking down the street that aren't engaged in combat or set in an aggressive stance (guns drawn) When you taunt them and do it right, 1) you'll see a taunt meter on the top right hand side of the screen. 2) the gang member will either taunt you back and then open fire or just immediately open fire. You also have to make sure that you're in their line of sight. The game is kind of strict about that. You just can't be near them, even tho it'll get their attention you wont get credited with the taunt. There were plenty of instances where 2 gang members would be facing each other talking and i would run up to the side of them and taunt and either, i would only get credited with 1 taunt instead of 2, or worse yet, i wouldn't get credited with a taunt at all and they'd open fire. Also don't waste your time on trying to start a ruckus with gang members with the idea you'll jump into one ur stores and then run out and taunt all the gang members in front once you lose ur notoriety. It won't work because when you go into the store and ur notoriety drops, the gang members will still be on high alert with their guns drawn even though ur notoriety is gone and doing the taunt at that point does nothing but piss them off again

Thanks so I guess unless I start a new game I'm not getting this one. That is of course if what I heard is true and the challenges carry over to a new game.

#15 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -
@Humanity: I've read various places that say that they do but i can't personally verify it as i have yet to start a new game
#16 Posted by UncleKaan (12 posts) -

I had this same problem until I found this thread on the xbox360 achievement forums. Basically their is a mayhem mission right next to a gun store. You'll start the mayhem mission, 2 deckers will show up in a car. Blow up the car while keeping them alive (set it on fire but let it explode and they will run away). Run into the store to wipe your noterity, go outside and taunt one, kill him, run back into the store and repeat. Got the 50 taunts in about 10 minutes. Hope this helps everyone! Specifics of which mayhem mission is in the link.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=345086

#17 Posted by leef69uk (1 posts) -

Im also having the same problem but heres a tip:-

1 do a steal job in the book some enermies pop up here a great way of doing it

Drive to a shop you own blow up the gangs cars (not them) walk in the shop wait 5 sec then walk out side wait for them to walk normally then taunt them i got 5 in one go its long winded but it works

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.