Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

I really wanted to like Saint's Row...

LiquidSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LiquidSword

I really thought I would. I really loved the idea and I loved some of the missions, but overall it just seems like a poorly made game. Multiple time while I was playing, a mission objective would bug out and I would have to restart from a checkpoint or restart the whole mission. Then, I couldn't even finish the game. The last mission bugged several times and after restarting the mission three times, I finally got to the final choice in the game and guess what? I got to the place and it didn't give me the next objective. After trying that again twice I just shut it off. I really can't believe how much praise this is getting. I really thought I would love it considering how much Jeff liked it. For me the game was just way to frustrating to be fun. Am I the only one who had these problems?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I have literally never encountered any kind of glitch such as that during the single player. Only glitch I can really recall that's stood out is the ''phantom of death glitch'', were my character would dive into a car then get fuckin beaten to death by an unknown foe and die. Some of the Saints Book stuff is pretty busted, too, but speaking for the story, there were no technical problems on my side. PS3 version, btw.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By me3639

I finally finished today and i agree a little. I think it is over hyped, but i think that is because all the games out right now have dark, serious tones. I was totally loving the chaos and ridiculousness at the start, but near the end with those damn dump trucks cutting you off, and the ever spawning enemies it was a little tired near the end. I also did not have any crashes, or any bugs you claim, but all in all for an open world game pretty good fun.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

the only problem I had was during the last mission Oleg wouldent/couldent get in the car so I was very slowly driving with Oleg running behind me. That mission might have taken an hour. But I think that was better or as good as skyrim.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By huntad

Wow, that's a bummer. I know what it's like to listen to people showering praise over a game and being in the minority where it just doesn't work. That's a real bummer. I liked Saints Row, but I felt that I did everything I wanted to about 3-4 hours in.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shirogane

@Dagbiker said:

the only problem I had was during the last mission Oleg wouldent/couldent get in the car so I was very slowly driving with Oleg running behind me. That mission might have taken an hour. But I think that was better or as good as skyrim.

The game told me not to worry about Oleg, that he can't get into cars, and that you could drive off and leave him and he'd catch up on his own. And he does.

I also didn't encounter any bugs except the dive into car and insta die one. Oh and i guess one time an assasination NPC spawning inside of a building.

LiquidSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidSword

I'm just glad I got it from Redbox. Only had to pay 4 buck lol. The game was just a real letdown for me :(

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By mrcraggle

It's a shame you had such a poor and buggy experience. I played on the PC and the experience I had sounds completely different from your own. The only really buggy thing I had happen to me would be some open world jank such as people sinking into the floor and my car getting wedged into the environment.

Id like to point out that I've spent close to 30 hours in the game with all missions complete and all side activities except for some saints book stuff.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

I do think that the best part of saints row was the begining. so if you played the first hand full of missions and feel like you want to stop, the best part is behind you.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta

@Dagbiker said:

I do think that the best part of saints row was the begining. so if you played the first hand full of missions and feel like you want to stop, the best part is behind you.

deckers.die, murderbrawl, the aircraft carrier...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to hear that. I absolutely loved the game. I had a couple of issues here and there, like that bug people mentioned about dying in cars, but I never once had a bug appear during a mission.

As someone who enjoyed the activities (besides Heli Assault and Snatch, though I did all 6 levels of each) I thought the missions were varied and fun to the end, and whenever they started feeling the least bit stale, I did some assassinations for a bit.

It's not my game of the year, but it's in the top 5 for me. I feel pretty bad for anyone that has a poor time with the game because of technical issues that I never saw. I simply had a good, fun time in Steelport, and I'm looking forward to a second playthrough with the difficulty ratcheted down for achievements.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By spazmaster666

I'm glad I played the game on PC as I did not run into a single issue with the game other than a few crashes, which can happen with just about any game. It's also nice to play the game at max settings (even at 2560x1440) and still get a constant 60fps most of the time. And let me tell you, that smooth framerate does make the game much more enjoyable IMO.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dagbiker
    @Animasta deckers.die was good, muderbrawl was ok, and I just ran through the aircraft.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I think it's overall a good game. I never liked the when the army showed up though. The world was never as fun to roam after that and it felt lazy for a game that is supposed to be crazy.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I think it's overall a good game. I never liked the when the army showed up though. The world was never as fun to roam after that and it felt lazy for a game that is supposed to be crazy.

STAG makes navigating the city more challenging, but I didn't have too much of a problem with them. But when I leveled to the point that I became immune to almost every kind of damage, the world became my oyster.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By McGhee

I've never laughed at a game more than this one. It was good crazy fun, and the only thing that I didn't like about it was that it ended too soon. I hope the Just Cause people take a look at this game for their story for the inevitable Just Cause 3.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By Little_Socrates

I've only experienced VERY minor glitches throughout Saints Row, but that is definitely the reason people have been critical of the game; it doesn't work super awesome.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Brunchies

The only bug im getting is street lights and such getting stuck in cars and thats about it, so far its awesome.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Scotto

@Hailinel said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

STAG makes navigating the city more challenging, but I didn't have too much of a problem with them. But when I leveled to the point that I became immune to almost every kind of damage, the world became my oyster.

STAG showing up is when you get the VTOL!

I will also heartily disagree that the best stuff in this game is in the first half - the second half has most of the insane missions, with the exception of the escape from the plane in the very beginning of the game.

The game isn't perfect - I had some framerate issues on 360 when driving fast in a car - but it's in my top five games of the year.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SteamPunkJin

My only complaint after close to 40 hours is that I've never once been attacked by a random Genki Encounter, otherwise it's all aces.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

Odd, I don't remember encountering any bugs or glitches in any of the Saints Row games.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Flappy

I'm sorry to hear that, duder. SR:3 is probably in my Top Three for GoTY, so it sucks to hear that your experience was so...blah. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the game just pulled me in. Anyway, I hope you pick it up again sometime in the future and have a better experience with it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

Nope.

And even if I did a few technical issues or bugs don't detract from my enjoyment of any given game in general.

I just don't understand how such things are high enough on people's priorities to affect their entire opinion of a game. Guess it just come with playing a fuckton of games and experiencing bugs for one and a half decades. But I really don't give a shit about bugs in games anymore, maybe I never have. (unless they completely make the game literally unplayable)

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By fjordson

The praise on the Bombcast is utterly baffling to me as well, but for different reasons.

It's been fine technically, I just don't think it's all that great. Games where one of the main bullet points is humour or "wackiness" have never really been my thing and SR 3 is no different. It's all pretty juvenile. I get that's what they were going for, but again, just not my thing. Add to that the average combat and terrible driving and...yeah, didn't quite blow me away.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By laserbolts

Bummer. Was gonna grab this when I get payed again but I think I'll wait for the ol price drop.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By MikeGosot
    @SteamPunkJin said:

My only complaint after close to 40 hours is that I've never once been attacked by a random Genki Encounter, otherwise it's all aces.

I am one achievement away to S-Rank the game and i've never encountered Genki. WTF.
    kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By kelbear

I had 1 occassion where I landed on a helipad with a VTOL and spawned a different VTOL and I blew up. No biggie, just reloaded.

Twice, I died but I didn't ragdoll properly, just got stuck in the standing animation instead.

I have a weird run of luck here, SR 1-3 were effectively bug free for me even though I heard the first 2 had plenty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.