Info on Third's DLC (Gangstas In Space, anyone?)

#1 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Do you like downloadable-content? In case you were wondering (but were too lazy to search Google), THQ have announced the Season Pass for Saints Row 3, revealing a bunch of DLC packs that will be available. The bad news is all the good stuff is due out next year (which always feels longer than it actually is, it's less than 2 months away). For those that read the infamous "40 weeks worth of DLC" headline, I have no idea how this will work into that. If it means anything, it's that this is the important stuff you'll actually want.

Here's what's coming (via the THQ website)

• Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack (safe to assume this will be released as DLC for those who didn't pre-order)
  • Nyte Blade DLC Pack (Released: November 15th)
  • Genkibowl VII DLC Pack (Scheduled to be available January 2012)
  • Gangstas In Space DLC Pack (Scheduled to be available Winter 2012)
  • The Trouble With Clones DLC Pack (Scheduled to be available Spring 2012)

1up has a picture of the Nyte Blade pack: link. If you've seen the GB Quick Look, you'll have an idea of what Gangstas In Space might entail (so hopefully outer-space).

In related news, if you buy the Prima Official Guide, you'll receive a special bonus "Money Shot Pack" for the game. Haven't read whether this is exclusive (so probably isn't).

Contains the exclusive Money Shot Pack - Only with the purchase of the guide, Unlock the Ultor Assassin suit, Togo-13 sniper rifle, and the Ultor Interceptor jet-bike!

*insert "shut up and take my money" picture here*

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11389 posts) -

So, are they going to Mars then? Isn't there some weird connection between Saints Row and Red Faction?

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I wonder what DLC is included in these packs. I assume they are mission packs, but I really hope they are more substantial than just a three-mission go-around. Maybe like a nice, thick, chunky six or seven mission pack would be pretty great. Thick, condensed, Bad Boys II-level action. It better be better than sex.

#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

So, are they going to Mars then? Isn't there some weird connection between Saints Row and Red Faction?

The Ultor Corporation has grown during the 170 year gap from Saints Row, and Red Faction: Guerrilla. Ultor now control much of the Earth, and have also helped to colonise Mars. They designed an incredibly powerful rifle, known as the Nano Rifle, and are as brutal as ever. Ultor now force humans to work on the desolate planet of Mars in order to mine it of resources, such as iron ore.
#5 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

So as long as you pre-order, you've got this? Sounds good to me! Can't wait for midnight for my Steam copy to unlock.

#6 Posted by dudeglove (8271 posts) -

Oh my fucking god that's the best thing ever. Fuck Skyrim.

#7 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx said:

So as long as you pre-order, you've got this? Sounds good to me! Can't wait for midnight for my Steam copy to unlock.

Not quite. It's part of the Season Pass for their DLC. Basically, when I said "available", I meant "available for sale".

However, if you preorder the PC version from THQ's website you'll get a 'Pass for free. That would be where this information was lifted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.